Reel Animals Classic Fishing Tournament
Need Help? Contact Us
Welcome to the first Reel Animals Classic Fishing Tournament!
Hosted by Captain Mike Anderson, who has been fishing and competing in tournaments on Tampa Bay and Florida waters for over 25 years, this event will benefit the Children's Network.
Tournament is over
2 weeks 3 days ago
Events & Schedule
04/29/2022 07:30 AM
04/29/2022 09:00 AM
Boats back at WSYC, Award Luncheon
04/29/2022 02:00 PM
Rules and RegulationsClick to Read
ANGLERS MUST CHECK-IN NO LATER THAN 2:00PM AT WEIGH IN STATION TO BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN A TROPHY. NO EXCEPTIONS!
• Boats must Depart and Return to Westshore Yacht Club by water.
• Ties for Categories will not be Awarded. The Angler who enters First Wins.
• Each Angler is Eligible for One Trophy Only. When an Angler catches more than one Largest Fish in more than one Category they will be awarded one Trophy in the Following Order if eligible: Grand Slam, Snook, Redfish, then Trout
• Rules Committee will Make Weather Decisions. All Decisions by the Committee are Final.
• The Penalty for any Rules Violation is Disqualification.
• All Protests Must be in Writing, Signed and Presented to a Rules Committee Member by 2:30 pm on Tournament Day. $100.00 Cost per Protest.
CATCH QUALIFICATIONS AND REGISTRATION
• Each boat shall be equipped with a measuring board. Catch shall be laid on the board nose on “0” with tail being squeezed. Take photograph of the whole fish making sure that the nose and tail of the fish are in the photo and that the size graduations on the measuring board are visible. Once satisfied with the measurement, the fish must be safely released. Wet hands prior to handling the fish to have a successful release.
• The photo is to be uploaded on the iAngler application in order to be registered as a catch.
• Only upload your largest fish for each species, for example if you have submitted a 21” trout and you catch a 19” trout, no need to submit the smaller fish. However, if you catch a 23” trout, upload that one since that is a larger trout. PLEASE NOTE: This is a catch and release event. No fish are to be kept and eligible species outside of the slot may be photographed and submitted and then released.
• All decisions relating to angler and catch eligibility, as well as scoring, shall be the responsibility of the tournament officials. If you have any questions please call Frank Massaro, 727-992-9471
PRIZE CATEGORIES: NO MINIMUM LENGTH FOR ANY SPECIES
• 1st Place - Largest Snook, Redfish and Speckled Trout
• 2nd Place - Second Largest Snook, Redfish and Speckled Trout
• 3rd Place - Third Largest Snook, Redfish and Speckled Trout
• Grand Slam - Largest Total Inches of all Three Species by one Angler.