South Saltwater - 2020 Jim Dolan Memorial Kayak Fishing Tournament
Need Help? Contact Us
South Saltwater Division
We are so excited you are joining us for the 2020 Jim Dolan Memorial Kayak Fishing Tournament! The tournament is held in honor and memory of our founder who built this great organization. If you asked him how he was doing, he would often answer Livin' the Dream, which is our theme for this year. (For more information on Jim, check out our Operation Double Dip series in success stories - Man Behind the Myth, From Hardship to Hope, and Get Up and Live!.)
Heroes on the Water, a 501(c)(3) veterans charity, utilizes alternative wellness programs to serve veterans, first responders and their families. These experiential programs incorporate structured activities proven to improve the lives of these men and women. Each experience reduces the impact of post-traumatic stress and traumatic brain injury while providing much-needed camaraderie and support.
The primary proven therapy utilized by Heroes on the Water is kayak fishing. Volunteer-led chapters around the United States hold events which are free for our nation’s heroes. Recurring activities give these heroes and their families a lifelong social network with like-minded people. No experience or equipment is needed, and kayak fishing is adaptive to those with disabilities.
Founded in 2007, Heroes on the Water is dedicated to providing veterans services through recurring therapy and growing our volunteer chapter base. In 2018, we officially opened our services to first responders and their families. Our programs are proven to be effective and provide heroes with a way to positively improve their lives, enhance their family dynamic, and impact their community.
- Jim Dolan Memorial Tournament Winner’s Plaque
- Temple Fork Outfitters Rod - choice between HOW spinning and casting rod
- 2 HOW Drink Glasses (whiskey tumblers)
- 2 HOW Koozies
- Soft Sided cooler (Magellan Outdoors Realtree Xtra 30-Can Sport Cooler or comparable)
- Yeti Rambler Mug
- HOW JDMT Second Place Certificate w/Frame
- Personal Cooler (Igloo Contour™ 30 qt. Personal Cooler or comparable)
- Yeti Rambler Mug
- HOW Safety Trailer Flag
- HOW JDMT Third Place Certificate w/Frame
- Yeti Rambler Mug
- HOW Safety Trailer Flag
"Logging Your Catch" Instructional Video
2 years 3 months ago
Welcome to iAngler Tournament - Adding Your Photo to the Leaderboard
2 years 3 months ago
Events & Schedule
Lines in the Water - Tournament Begains
09/12/2020 12:00 AM
(See Tournament Rules)
Lines out of the Water - Tournament Ends
10/11/2020 04:00 PM
Rules and RegulationsClick to Read
2020 Jim Dolan Memorial Tournament Southern Region Rules
1. All fish entered must be caught in public waterways (i.e. hooked, fought, and landed) from a kayak in the states of AL, AR, FL, GA, LA, MS, NC, OK, SC, TN, TX. Fishing must be done without the aid of a professional guide, motor, or powerboat (mothership) and use methods deemed legal by the state in which they were caught. Only one fishing rod may used at one time.
2. Photographs with a digital camera or smartphone, providing evidence of the fish size with total length using iAngler Tournament.
A. Photo must be the whole fish taken from directly above the fish, with the mouth closed. Any fish submitted with mouth open will result in a 1” penalty.
B. If any of the pictures are blurry due to operator or climate they will be disqualified. It will be up to the tournament committee if accepted.
C. Fish must be facing to the left on the measuring board with the dorsal fin to the top.
3. The fish and measuring device should be on a flat surface. Having a measuring trough to assist is mandatory and makes taking good pictures much easier. No laying measuring tape on top of fish, it must be under the fish. Fish bigger than the measuring board will need to be measured with a tape measure UNDER the fish and the entire fish MUST be visible in the photo. Judging of fish will be at the discretion tournament and assistant tournament directors. All Decisions are final. (Remember this is a fundraiser for a great cause).
4. Dates to enter fish will begin Saturday, September 12, 2020 and end at 4:00 PM CST Sunday, October 11, 2020.
5. The Jim Dolan Memorial Tournament-Southern Region covers the following 6 species:
Fresh Water Species
Bass (Largemouth, Smallmouth, Spotted) 8.5 points per inch
Panfish 12.5 points per inch
Catfish 6 point per inch
Redfish- 6 points per inch
Sea Trout- 8.5 points per inch
Flounder 12 points per inch
6. The top 3 species in freshwater and the top 3 species in saltwater will count towards an anglers’ overall total. Your largest of each species can be changed as often as you catch a new one. Anglers may enter both freshwater and saltwater if they wish or enter only one category. They do not have to enter both.
7. No out of season, undersized or oversized fish may be entered. This includes proper measurement for all fish that have a minimum size. For fish that have a minimum inch or max size they need to be measured with an attempt to keep the mouth closed. Fish that appear short will be disqualified. If your fish is borderline short, measure properly with mouth closed so there is evidence the fish is legal.
8. The Jim Dolan Memorial Tournament Southern Region marker must be visible in every picture submitted.
9. Please refer to your State Fish and Wildlife/Game handbook for all size limits and any further questions regarding species qualifications.
10. Prizes will be awarded to the top three overall finishers for each tournament. Prizes to be determined.
11. Only approved measuring boards are the Hawg Trough, Yak Gear Fish Stik, and Ketch Boards. Any other measuring device will need to be approved by the Tournament Director before use. Measuring boards increments must be clearly marked (no “fat marks”). Adjustable boards will not be accepted.
12. All local water rules must be followed at all times.
Disclaimer Click to Read
RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS AND AGREEMENT NOT TO SUE
HEROES ON THE WATER, ET AL
For good valuable consideration, including without limitation the acceptance of the undersigned's entry or participation in the "Jim Dolan Memorial Kayak Fishing Tournament" on September 12, 2020 through October 11, 2020 (the "Event") and being permitted to participate in certain related activities, the undersigned, for himself and his personal representatives, heirs, guest, invitees, employees and crew members hereby (1) RELEASES, WAIVES, DISCHARGES, AND COVENANTS NOT TO SUE the following:
Heroes on the Water
and their Chapters, subsidiaries, related entities, respective members, volunteers, heirs, successors, assigns, officers, directors, employees, agents, contractors and subcontractors (collectively, the "Releasees") from all liability to the undersigned, his personal representatives, assigns, heirs and next of kin, and for all loss or damage, and all claims or damages therefor, on account of bodily injury, personal injury, death or property damage of or to the undersigned, his guests, invitee, employees or crew, during the Event or arising out of or in any way in connection with the Event and related activities or while the undersigned is competing, or participating, regardless of whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence of Releasees; (2) AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS Releasees and each of them from and against all claims, actions, causes of action, damages, liabilities, losses and judgments (collectively, the "Claims") of or by all guests, invitee, employees and crew of the undersigned for bodily injury, personal injury, death or property damage which they may suffer or incur during the Event or arising out of or in any way in connection with the Event or related activities, regardless of whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence of Releasees; and (3) ASSUMES FULL RESPONSIBILITY for and risk of bodily injury, personal injury, death or property damage of or to himself, his guests, invitees, employees or crew and his boat and equipment due to negligence of Releasees or otherwise during the Event or while participating in the Event or related activities or while in or on the Event premises and the common properties and recreational areas and adjacent docks, piers and boat slips.
The undersigned agrees to pay all of the Releasees' costs of defending all Claims and further agrees that this Release, Indemnification and Agreement Not to Sue is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Texas and that, if any portion of this agreement is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.