2020 Bondy Bait Musky Slam
Dave Lagman, (248) 721-3781
Need Help? Contact Us
2020 Bondy Bait Musky Slam
This is a team event and will be $400 per team.
Click Over to LCSMI.com to start the registration process. Once a registration form is completed and deposit is received, a individual coupon code for iAngler will be given.
Early registration is encouraged. A $100, non-refundable, deposit is required to pre register.
Full on casting only, CPR (catch, photo, release), team-based musky fishing tournament. To be run over 2 days, July 25th and 26th; Saturday and Sunday, specifically, 6 AM to 6 PM Saturday and 6 AM to 12 noon on Sunday. Point based scoring system. 30 points for a 36 inch fish. 1 additional point for every ¼ inch. Open to all anglers. Current Muskies Inc members receive a 10 point advantage. Goal is to encourage anglers to join Muskies Inc. Maximum 3 anglers per boat. 50 boat goal. A biggest fish, side bet will also be included with paid entry.
A Captains meeting will be held on Friday, July 24th. followed immediately by an angler’s reception to be held at Wilson Marine in Harrison Twp., MI. food, beer, etc to be served.
A results ceremony will be held on Sunday following the conclusion of the tournament at location to be determined . Pizza will be served. This event will be open to all including and especially anglers and their families. Awards, prizes, and the grand prize will be given out.
****THIS YEARS EVENT WILL BE STRICTLY AMERICAN WATER ONLY****
9 months 2 weeks ago
Current Leader Board Update
9 months 2 weeks ago
Events & Schedule
Captians meeting and reception
07/24/2020 07:00 PM
Rules and RegulationsClick to Read
Bondy Bait Musky Slam Rules and Regulations
as of July 18, 2020. These rules supersede all previous versions.
It is each contestant’s responsibility to read and understand all of the 2020 BBMS rules and regulations.
Rules are subject to change up to start of the event.
1. All contestants must be at least 18 years of age OR fish with a parent or legal guardian.
2. ENTRY FEE will be $400 per team. Entry fee is DUE, AND MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN the night before the event at the event registration/Captain’s Meeting. In accordance with social distancing requirements, pre-registration and pre-payment are strongly encouraged. If you pre-pay, should your team be unable to attend the event, your prepaid entry fee will be returned if we are able to fill that Event. A 150 angler field is considered a full field. This is a team event.
3. A Team shall consist of two (2) or three (3) persons and there may be no more than one (1) team per boat. No contestants shall fish alone. Special exceptions may be granted for non-anglers, i.e. media personnel, journalists, etc. All teams are highly encouraged to fish as a three (3) person team.
4. There shall be no refunds of event entry fees unless the following conditions are met, unless otherwise determined by tournament officials: a. Sufficient prior notice must be given by the prepaid Team of their inability to attend said Event which shall allow Tournament Officials a chance to fill their spot, AND; b. Said Team’s place can be filled, which means that the Event field, 150 anglers, shall be filled prior to the entry deadline before the said event. Tournament Officials will make every attempt to refill the vacated spot, including, but not limited to, contacting persons on the event waiting list. All teams are encouraged to register and pay in advance to help ensure participation.
5. Tournament Officials have the right, for valid reason, to reject any Team entry.
6. There shall be no specific starting position for this event.
7. TOURNAMENT REGISTRATION shall take place on the Friday immediately preceding the scheduled tournament Event, at Wilson Marine, Harrison Twp., MI, between the hours of 6 p.m. and 7 p.m. sharp. A MANDATORY PRE TOURNAMENT RULES MEETING, will follow registration, and shall commence at 7 p.m. sharp! ALL CONTESTANTS MUST REGISTER IN PERSON BEFORE 7p.m.— I.D. REQUIRED. If, for compelling reason, as determined by Officials, a Team is unable to attend this meeting, that Team may still be allowed to participate in the tournament, providing that Team has given advance notice before said meeting, and have received approval from Officials AND AFTER that Team has had a thorough briefing of the Rules by Officials at a time and place to be determined by them, up to THE START of the tournament day. Each contestant must sign a WAIVER/ENTRY FORM before fishing the event.
8. Each team must bring their jig/bump board to the event registration for certification. Jig boards will also be re-certified at weight-in for those teams that place in the top 10.
9. Participating anglers agree that they are solely responsible for their own actions and are participating strictly by choice. Anglers, their spouses, agents, family, etc., etc., agree to hold all sponsors, hosts, officials, LSCMI, Muskies Inc., and all other parties involved harmless of any actions, involvement, etc., etc. that may occur.
10. Tournament Central if such a location is designated, and any other places designated by Tournament Officials, shall be used as the starting area, and/or for other purposes as determined by Tournament Officials for each Event day, as may be necessary.
11. All Teams participating in the Event MUST allow daily inspection of their boat. Boats will be inspected on a random basis. All tournament boats inspected MUST pass the boat inspection to the satisfaction of Tournament Officials. Any boat not inspected is still expected to be able to satisfactorily pass said inspection. Assigned stickers provided by Officials (if applicable) MUST be placed on both sides of the outboard motor cowling or as specified by Officials for inboard motor boats in a manner that shall allow it to be seen from a distance at all times. These items must remain in place throughout the tournament. Failure to comply could result in disqualification and forfeiture of that Event’s entry fee. It is the Team’s responsibility to CONFIRM with Tournament Officials that their Team number has been marked approved on the Official tournament registry.
12. Tournament hours shall be 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, and 6 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Sunday. There shall be no fishing of any kind by any tournament event angler from 5 p.m. the Friday before the tournament event to 6 a.m. the morning of the tournament or between the end of day one and the start of day two at each tournament. Tournament Officials reserve the right to alter daily start and finish times, and if necessary, alter or cancel dates of each Event day, due to severe weather conditions and any unforeseen circumstances.
13. Photo verification weigh in shall be held starting at 2 p.m. at Wilson Marine (Harrison Twp) or other designated weigh in location. One angler per team must be present at the weigh in location by 2:30 p.m. on Sunday and be prepared to show original photos of fish scored. Any fish information/photos, not uploaded to iAngler by 2:30 p.m. and that do not have supporting original photos will not receive points or count in the tournament. ALL CONTESNTANTS must attend the awards ceremony to be held at the weigh in location. The ceremony will commence immediately following confirmation/verification of all fish and bump boards and computation of all points.
14. Tournament boundaries shall be the Blue Water Bridge on the St. Clair River south to the mouth of Lake Erie at the Detroit River (defined as a point drawn east from Sigler Road at the mouth of the Huron River). Subject to change based on weather conditions. SHOULD THE CANADIAN BORDER BE CLOSED DUE TO THE COVID19 SITUATION, FISHING SHALL BE LIMITED TO US WATERS ONLY. IF THE BORDER IS CLOSED, ABSOLUTELY NO FISHING SHALL BE CONDUCTED ON THE CANADIAN SIDE OF THE LAKE BY ANY CONTESTANT DURING THE EVENT.
15. In the event that the Canadian border remains closed to anglers and non-essential travel, additional rules may be put in place by tournament officials to help ensure anglers are compliant with tournament location rules. Such rules may include an additional photo of the GPS location of the fish taking within a certain time frame after the fish photo has been taken for uploading to the app. Or may require geo-tagging services to be turned on for all photos submitted, etc. Anglers agree to abide by these additional verification rules as necessary.
16. For safety purposes ONLY all teams must have a marine band radio and/or a cell phone on board to participate in an event. (Marine band radios are recommended as cellular service is not available in many areas.)
17. There shall be NO ALCOHOL consumed by Tournament Anglers during the tournament fishing hours.
18. All fishing and boating rules, regulations and licensing in effect in the State/Country/Providence where the Event is being held shall apply and be adhered to by all Event participants. It is the contestant’s responsibility to know the rules and regulations of the State/Country/Providence and body of water they are fishing.
19. Neither live nor dead natural bait shall be permitted.
20. During tournament hours contestants MUST NOT leave the boat without checking out with Tournament Officials via phone or text. Contestants must not, except under pre announced special circumstances, position their boat or fish within one hundred (100) feet of another boat of any kind. Permitted exceptions would be Judge, Film or Press boats, or when launching or docking.
21. In an effort to ensure a level playing field, and to avoid the perception of a competitive advantage, participating anglers are prohibited from making contact with non-participating anglers, during fishing hours, for the express purpose of gaining insight, tips, catch results & locations, advice, or similar fishing related information. Non-participating anglers shall be defined by the tournament officials, but would include but not be limited to; guides, charter captains, participates in other tournaments, etc. Such communication methods may include, but is no limited to: phone calls, texts, private messaging, direct communication, etc.
22. Trolling is expressly prohibited. Trolling is defined as using the boat motor or engine to propel the boat while dragging lines alongside or behind the boat. Casting, jigging, and fly fishing are the only acceptable means of fishing. If a caster can reach any boat with a cast, the boats are too close. An electric trolling motor may be used to position the boat, move from location to location, GPS anchor, etc. The electric trolling motor shall not be used as a means to circumvent the no trolling requirements.
23. Teams shall be limited to 1 rod and 1 bait per angler being in the water at any given time. Rods are to be held when being fished, and are not to be placed in a rod holder with a bait in the water.
24. CHEATING: Should any contestant be caught cheating, it shall result in immediate disqualification of the Team AND forfeiture of Event entry fee. Further, the Team shall be barred from any future LSCMI related fishing events. We EXPECT and DEMAND STRICT RULES AND COMPLIANCE in the interest of fairness, professionalism and the sport! Additionally, should any contestant be awarded any prize and later found to have been cheating shall be subject to prosecution under Michigan Lawn 750.218 “False pretenses with intent to defraud” and all other applicable State and Federal laws.
25. When running big motors above idling speed, all contestants are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to wear Personal Flotation Device (PFD) and use the appropriate motor kill switches. All tournament boats must have all the Coast Guard required safety equipment.
26. The awards presentation shall be held at the weigh in location on Sunday afternoon and is expected to begin immediately following photo verification. Prizes shall be distributed as noted herein. Places will be determined based on the combined team total points accumulation of all tournament qualifying fish, as spelled elsewhere in these rules, for both days of the tournament event.
27. Payouts shall be adjusted based on a percentage figure determined by the actual number of participating teams. The tournament officials retain the right to cap the entry field and limit the number of participants over 150 anglers.
28. Failure of any team to comply with any tournament rule may result in team disqualification and forfeiture of the event entry fee and a review by Officials as to whether or not the team involved shall be allowed to participate in future LSCMI related events.
29. Contestants shall conduct themselves in a sportsmanship-like manner at all times, especially when fishing near another boat or contestants.
30. All contestants/anglers may be subject to a polygraph examination.
31. All contestants shall cooperate with members of the press after tournament events for interviews and photographs, and with LSCMI for use of names and photographs that may be used for publicity and advertising purposes.
32. All rules potentially have "loopholes". It is the intention of the LSCMI to conduct a fair, honest and professional tournament. "Common sense" and "spirit of the rule" shall apply at all times. Should any contestants have any questions about these written rules, those questions should be resolved with Tournament Officials BEFORE the start of any event.
33. All decisions of the tournament Officials shall be final. All decisions made by such officials shall be made in accordance with the rules and, in the case of any unique situations, in the spirit of the contest. Should a tournament Official have a direct stake in the decision being made, a replacement selected from the Board of Lake St. Clair Muskies Inc., or another 3rd party shall be selected. Anglers who wish to appeal a decision of the Officials must submit a payment of $100 to the tournament. If their appeal and subsequent outcome is found to be in their favor the $100 shall be returned. If not, the $100 shall not be returned. The intent of this rule is to ensure that appeals and accusations are justified. PLEASE NOTE: At the time of this release, all rules displayed here are considered accurate, but the right is reserved to modify these rules at any time. For the latest printed version of our rules please feel free to contact us. Again, it is each contestant’s responsibility to read and understand all of the currently printed rules and regulations. The printed copy of our rules will always be considered the OFFICIAL RULES of the event and will supersede all other versions including the rules displayed here.
34. Prizes shall be based on the total number of paid entries at $400 per team. A field of 150 anglers is considered a full field. Prizes shall be awarded for at least the top 5 placing teams. The top 5 placing teams shall receive a cash prize, based on the total amount of the entry fees. Additional non-cash prizes may be awarded to additional places based on availability. In the event that less than a full field of anglers participate, tournament officials will determine a fair and equitable breakdown of the entry fees for cash prize awards. Entry fees collected above and beyond the cash payouts are to be retained by the tournament to help cover the costs of administration (i.e. iAngler app, stickers, flyers, food, trophies, etc.). In the event that teams do not catch fish, the decision on what to do with those remaining prizes will be determined by the Tournament committee and may include increasing the prizes to those placing teams, raffles, etc.
35. Should an issue arise such as too few fish being caught to satisfy every place, or other unexpected, unusual situations, the decision on how best to rectify that particular situation will reside with the Board of Directors of Muskies Inc., Chapter 58, to be determined by the majority with input from tournament sponsors and partners and in keeping with the intent of the event.
CATCH, PHOTO & RELEASE (CPR) TOURNAMENTS
This event will be a Catch, Photo & Release (CPR) tournament. Every tournament boat MUST have a smart cellular device with a digital camera capable of taking a clear photo operated by the contestants that catch the musky and MUST have an actual bump board (NOT A RULER OR MEASURING STICK), so your fish can be immediately released after the photo is taken, without delay.
Each team will be required to maintain an operable smart phone capable of/and having the iAngler application. Use of this application is mandatory.
Once a fish is safely and successfully landed, free of the net and lure, the fish is to be placed on the registered jig board and photographed in high resolution. Make sure you can see that the nose is touching the front of the board and that the tail & issued sticker for that tournament is in clear view. If the official cannot clearly read the measurement or sticker in the photo, they will make their best determination and that decision will be the final measurement. The fish will not count - if the official cannot see the picture at all, the sticker, the fish’s nose appears to not be touching the front of the board and the measurement is close or there is no picture at all.
The officials must be able to clearly read the measurement. Check your camera to make sure you can clearly see the measurement. Release the fish after photographing it clearly with the camera on the bump board. The safe release of all fish is of utmost importance. This will be explained in great detail at tournament central during the mandatory rules meeting on Friday evening.
Once the fish is released, the photo and information on the catch is to be uploaded into iAngler. All photos are to be retained on the cellular device for the duration of the event. Photos are to be taken with the camera and then uploaded to the app. Photos should not be taken through the application to ensure the highest possible resolution.
Team cameras must be available for inspection at weigh in or any other time during the tournament. Teams & individual anglers agree to make their cameras, tablets, and cellular devices available for inspection and download (especially the photos). If there is any question as to the clarity of photos provided, direct downloads from the device may be necessary. If this is the case, the angler agrees to provide the tournament directors with the correct cable to connect their device to a computer for the purpose of reviewing and/or downloading the photos and any additionally supporting information to confirm the information in the photo as well as the time stamp, etc., etc.
A. 30 (thirty) points for a 36 (thirty-six) inch fish.
B. 1 (one) additional point for each 1/4 (one-quarter) inch over said size limit. c. Any measurement falling "between" 1/4 inch marks shall be "rounded down."
Once a musky is caught, keep the fish in the water for as long as possible (either in the net or live well, based on State/Country/Providence regulations). Once removed from the water, the fish is to be placed on the jig board and measured. The head is to be touching the side of the jig board at the zero measurement, with the tail extending out for the measurement. The back of the fish is to be positioned along the back of the jig board. Measurement may be taken with the fish’s tail "pinched." The entire fish on the jig board with the jig board certification sticker and the fish’s length clearly displayed shall be photographed in high resolution. There shall be no further fishing by any Team member until the release completed.
Once the fish is successfully released, the information on the catch including a photo is to be immediately uploaded to the iAngler app.
All teams are responsible for uploading their catch information and all required details to iAngler prior to end tournament. All camera devices shall be made available for inspection and review as necessary to ensure proper review of the high resolution photos by tournament officials. Failure to upload information to iAngler and have camera devices available at the end of the tournament deadline (2:30 p.m. Sunday) will result no fishing counting toward the points.
TIE BREAKERS FOR TOURNAMENTS
In the case of a tie in the tournaments, the following methods will be used in the tie breaker, in the order they are listed, until the tie has been broken.
1. Whichever team registered the longest fish of that tournament.
2. Whichever team has registered the 2nd, then 3rd, then 4th, etc. longest fish of that tournament.
3. If at this point there is still a tie, it will then be determined with a coin toss.
1. Teams interested in participating are encouraged to pay in advance.
2. All participating anglers show up at Wilson Marine in Harrison Twp. the Friday night before the tournament for discussion, registration, reception, etc. etc. At this meeting at least one angler per boat will be required to download and register the iAngler app on their smart phone.
3. Anglers fish all day Saturday and half of Sunday. There is no starting location or position. Anglers can fish the St. Clair River, Detroit River, and Lake St. Clair. Boats can be launched out of anywhere, but boats are required to be available for random inspections prior to the start of the tournament as may be required.
4. When a 36” or better fish is caught, it is measured on the jig board and a high resolution photo is taken of the entire fish, on the board, with the measurement clearly visible in the photo. Tail pinched. Then the fish is released. The photo of fish along with all applicable data/information is to then be uploaded to the iAngler app.
5. On Sunday teams will be on hand to submit additional photos via email, and/or direct electronic download. Photos are time stamped internally so review of the photo will determine exactly when the photo was taken.
6. Tournament officials will review the information submitted, confirm the information, determine the points, and will then award the cash and prizes.
HOW TO MEASURE
1. Nose of the fish to the side of the jig board.
2. Back of the fish to the back of the jig board.
3. Belly of the fish to the open side of the jig board.
4. You may pinch the tail.
5. Certification sticker must be visible in the photo.
Disclaimer Click to Read
2020 BONDY BAIT MUSKY SLAM RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER, AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the Bondy Bait Muskie Slam, presented by Lake St. Clair Muskies Inc., its related events and activities, I, the undersigned, being of at least 18 years of age, acknowledge, appreciate, and agree that: 1. The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular skills, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and, 2. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and, 3. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the Company immediately; and, 4. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives, agents, and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS Lake St. Clair Muskies Inc., Muskies Inc., Jon Bondy, Jon Bondy Guide Service, Bondy Bait Co., Wilson Marine, their officers, officials, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used for the activity ("Releasees"), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law; and, 5. I, hereby confirm that I have read the tournament rules set forth by Lake St. Clair Muskies Inc. for this event and agree to abide by said rules for the event I am participating in. I clearly understand what is expected of me as it relates to the rules and participation in this event. I agree that any and all questions I may have regarding participation in this event have been/will be clarified by the Tournament Directors at the Captain’s Meeting held prior to the event as advertised. Should any issue or question I may have not be addressed, I agree to address it directly with the Tournament Directors prior to the start of the event. I understand that all decisions made by the event’s Tournament Directors and/or Tournament Committee are final; and, 6. If applicable I agree to reimburse the Lake St. Clair Muskies Inc, Muskies Inc, Bondy Bait Co., and all tournament partners previously noted for any and all attorney’s fees, court costs, and/or other expenses incurred by me as a result of any action, claims or suits arising out of participation with this event. I recognize that unexpected dangers may arise during the course my activities as such that they will not be subject to close monitoring during the duration of the event. I certify that I/we am physically fit to participate in this tournament and that my vessel and/or gear are in safe operational condition; and, 7. I certify that I and the vessel I will be aboard for this even are covered by a valid insurance policy covering injury to ourselves, others and property damage caused by me during the course of this event and related activities. This release and waiver extends to all claims of any kind or nature whatsoever, foreseen or unforeseen, known or unknown; and, 8. I agree explicitly to avoid any activities which are commonly, uncommonly, knowingly, or unknowingly to be considered, perceived, or otherwise thought to be cheating. I fully agree to participate in this event within the intent of the rules and regulations and agree to conduct myself in a safe, professional, and moral manner during my time participating in this event; and, 9. I acknowledge that there is to be no modification to this agreement shall be binding unless in writing signed by an authorized agent for the event. I agree that if any provision of this agreement should be or become invalid such invalidity shall not in any way affect any other provisions of this agreement which shall continue to remain in full force and effect. I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT