BOATERS DIVISION - 9th ANNUAL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP BASS ON THE FLY FISHING TOURNAMENT
Need Help? Contact Us
9th ANNUAL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
BASS ON THE FLY FISHING TOURNAMENT
LAKE FORK, TEXAS, USA at Lake Fork Marina
SATURDAY, MAY 5, 2018 6:00AM- 2:00PM
RODS, REELS AND FLIES MUST BE EXCLUSIVELY FOR FLY FISHING.
THIS IS A CATCH-PHOTO-RELEASE TOURNAMENT.
BOATERS: 1-2 PERSON TEAM, 5-FISH PHOTOS, TOTAL LENGTH; BIG BASS.
KAYAK: INDIVIDUAL, 5-FISH PHOTOS, TOTAL LENGTH; BIG BASS. (kayak, float tube, pontoon, or bank. No power.)
CLUB TROPHY: 3 BIG FISH, total length/Club-Organization
COST: $60/PERSON, incl. $5 big bass pot.
PAYOUT: 1-$1200, 2nd-$800, 3-$500, 4-$300, 5-$200, 6-10 $100.
Big Bass - $300, $200. (Based on 100 entries.)
PLANNED ACTIVITIES: Friday - 10am-4pm Free casting clinics, 6PM Guide report, Product booths & Kayak demos, Casting Contests; Friday 3-6 pm optional BIG SUNFISH TOURNEY, $10. Entry will be paid "Cash on Site'.
Saturday - 9am-Noon Free casting clinics, Kayak demos, casting contests, drawing for prizes after weigh in.
Friday 3-6 pm optional BIG SUNFISH TOURNEY, $10. Entry will be paid "Cash on Site'.
You MUST now register ONLINE at ianglertournament.com. Then download the app so you can send in your pictures as you catch fish. Two person teams should register at one time and pay $120 fee.
BY MAIL - To Bass on the Fly, P.O.Box 173, Yantis,TX 75497.
If received prior to April 16 you'll BE ELIGIBLE FOR A DRAWING FOR A SAGE BASS II FLY ROD. You must still register online.
ON SITE - registration Noon-9:00PM Friday or 5-6:00AM Saturday, cash only. You must still register online.
CHECK-IN: ALL CONTESTANTS MUST CHECK-IN AT THE TOURNAMENT SITE FRIDAY OR BEFORE 6:00am SATURDAY. Each person must sign release & verify online registration and directions.
Contact email@example.com with any questions or suggestions.
ENDORSED BY FLY FISHERS INTERNATIONAL - TEXAS COUNCIL.
SPONSORS: Temple Fork Rods, Skeeter Boats, Bass Pro - Garland, Cabela's, Simms, Sage Rods, Redington, RIO, Gypsy Jack lures, Lake Fork Marina, Umpqua Flies, Mariner-Sails, Lone Star Fly Fishers, Tailwaters Fly Shop, Yellow Dog Adventures, Bream Bugs, Peltz Poppers, Ranger Boats, East Texas Fly Fishers, Red River Fly Fishers.
A Portion of Proceeds benefit Reel Recovery and FFF-Texas Council.
A Portion of Proceeds benefit Reel Recovery and FFF-Texas Council.
"Logging Your Catch" Instructional Video
1 year 3 months ago
Welcome to iAngler Tournament - Adding Your Photo to the Leaderboard
1 year 3 months ago
Events & Schedule
10am-4pm Free casting clinics
05/04/2018 10:00 AM
Guide report, Product booths & Kayak demos, Casting Contests
05/04/2018 06:00 PM
Optional BIG SUNFISH TOURNEY (3-6 pm), $10 (Entry will be paid "Cash on Site'.)
05/04/2018 03:00 PM
ALL CONTESTANTS MUST CHECK-IN AT THE TOURNAMENT SITE FRIDAY OR BEFORE 6:00am SATURDAY
05/05/2018 06:00 AM
Lines in the Water - Tournament Begins
05/05/2018 06:00 AM
9am-Noon Free casting clinics, Kayak demos, casting contests, drawing for prizes after weigh in
05/05/2018 09:00 AM
Check In Deadline - Tournament Ends
05/05/2018 02:00 PM
Rules and RegulationsClick to Read
WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP BASS ON THE FLY FISHING TOURNAMENT
2018 OFFICIAL RULES GENERAL RULES
1. RULE ENFORCEMENT: Interpretation and enforcement of these rules shall be left exclusively to the Tournament Director. The decision of the Tournament Director and tournament officials will be FINAL IN ALL MATTERS. All federal, state and local laws must be obeyed. All bass caught by contestants fishing together in one boat will be disqualified if any of the said contestants are found to be in violation of any tournament rules or laws.
2. PARTICIPANTS: This tournament may be fished as a boater 2-man team or as a non-boater individual. Payout will be determined by the number of entries in each category. A club/organization must have three two-man teams or three individuals to be eligible to receive the club trophy based on the total length of the three biggest bass (one/team, one/individual). Contestants must have a valid Texas Fishing License and another form of identification.
3. ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES AND DRUGS: At no time during tournament hours are any alcoholic beverages or drugs, other than prescription, allowed in the boat or to be consumed while on the water. Violation of this rule will result in immediate disqualification and forfeiture of all entry fees.
4. SPORTSMANSHIP: All contestants are expected to follow high standards of sportsmanship, courtesy, safety and conservation. Any contestant who displays poor sportsmanship, violates these rules or any state or local laws, or brings unfavorable publicity to the sport of bass fishing will be disqualified.
5. BOATS & MOTORS: No engine may exceed the BIA horsepower rating for the boat on which it is used. All boats must meet U.S. Coast Guard and state regulations, have an emergency kill switch, and aerated live well. Kayaks no power.
6. SAFETY: BOATING SAFETY MUST BE OBSERVED AT ALL TIMES. A USCG approved life preserver must be on and fastened any time the combustible engine is operative, and the kill switch must be attached to the driver. Contestants fishing out of a kayak, float tube or pontoon must wear a life preserver at all times.
7. TACKLE AND EQUIPMENT: All fish must be caught in a legal sporting manner. Trolling with combustion engine as a method of fishing is prohibited. ONLY RODS AND REELS, LINE AND FLIES DESIGNED EXCLUSIVELY FOR FLY FISHING MAY BE USED. No soft plastic baits, or any other type of bait, customarily used for fishing with other types of rod and reels may be used. No live or prepared bait is permitted. Liquid fish attractants are allowed. Only one (1) rod may be used at any one time. No other types of rod and reels (spinning, bait casting, spin-cast) are permitted in the boat during this tournament.
8. PROTESTS: All protests must be submitted in writing to the tournament director within 15 minutes of the final weigh-in.
9. POLYGRAPH: All contestants are subject to a polygraph test. Failure to submit to one will result in disqualification.
10. SCORING: If entered as a boater two-man team, your score is the total
length of your biggest 5 fish for the team. If entered as a kayak individual your score is the total length of your biggest 5 fish. Only largemouth bass should be photographed. Fish should be quickly released. A team’s/individual’s longest bass will be determine for the big bass pot. Contestants may send in their fish photos at any time, but no later than 2:00 pm. All ties will result in the awards being combined and divided equally between the respective teams
11. MEASURING OF FISH: Bass should be photo'd on a metal or plastic measuring board, mouth closed and touching the left end of the scale, tail compressed to achieve greatest length and your numbered hand or ID tag must be showing. Contestant must make every effort to release their fish alive after measuring. See additional catch-photo-release rules on the web site.
12. PERMITTED FISHING WATERS: No fishing is allowed inside the host marina area. Fishing is restricted to the navigable waters of Lake Fork only. Boats may be trailered to and from the weigh-in. No fishing is allowed within 25 yards of another contestant. Boaters must not fish within 50 yards of participants fishing from a kayak, float tube, pontoon, or the bank. Switching or sharing fish with other contestants or individuals will result in immediate disqualification.
13. REGISTRATION: All contestants must register online at ianglertournament.com and download their app. Registration may be by mail to “Bass on the Fly” P.O.Box 173, Yantis, TX 75497 if received no later than April 16, 2018. Registration may be made at the tournament site Noon-9:00PM Friday or 5:00-6:00AM Saturday, cash only. All contestants MUST check-in with their phone and signed release at the tournament headquarters during official registration hours.
14. FISHING HOURS: 6:00AM-2:00PM Saturday. Contestants may launch no earlier than 5:00AM . Contestants must be in the weigh-in line no later than 2:00PM.
15. OFF LIMITS: 7:00PM Friday-5:00AM Saturday. Kayaks must use only public access sites to launch.
16. ENTRY FEE: The entry fee is $60 per individual whether fishing as a two-man team or an individual. The tournament will be held regardless of weather conditions and there will be no refunds of entry fees. The organizer and tournament director reserve the right to accept or reject any entry form application
17. ASSISTANCE: During hours of competition, contestants may not receive fishing information from other competitors or non-competitors or participate in the practice of “hole sitting.” 1/2/2018.
1. Prior to fishing, individual must present his phone with iangler app and measuring board at the registration desk for approval. The measuring board must be a commercial metal or plastic model which clearly shows the numbers and lines for inch and half-inch markings. HOMEMADE, RETRACTABLE TAPE, WOODEN, FOLDING, OR SLIDING MEASURING DEVICES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE AT ANY TIME.
2. Each contestant or team will be issued one identification tag and hands numbered. This tag or numbered hand must appear in all pictures of the fish and must be readable.
3. A fish photograph should show the fish with mouth completely closed touching the end of the ruler with tail extended for maximum length, and it must also contain the ID tag or numbered hand. All fish photos must be taken with the fish facing left and the dorsal fin up. No fish will be recorded which does not comply with the prescribed photo requirements. Fish length will be rounded to the next higher half-inch.
4. No photos of duplicate, dead, mutilated, frozen or otherwise damaged fish will be accepted. Any attempts at cheating or fraud will result in permanent suspension from Bass On The Fly Fishing Tournaments.
5. If you cannot get a cell phone connection on the water, bring your phone to registration to have photos checked by 2:00PM.
Disclaimer Click to Read
World Championship Bass on the Fly Fishing Tournament
Official Entry Form
In consideration of allowing me to participate in this tournament I acknowledge and agree as follows:
I have read and understand the Official Rules of this tournament. I will obey all the rules and understand that any violation may result in immediate disqualification without refund of my entry fee. I also understand that tournament officials may reject my application for any reason, and in that event will refund my entry fee.
I understand and acknowledge that competitive fishing is a dangerous sport, the risks of which include, though not exclusively, drowning, collisions in the water, and injuries from hooks and other fishing equipment. I voluntarily assume responsibility for these risks, identified and not identified, and all risk of injury or death or damage to myself, or my property, or to others, including spectators and their property, arising from my participation in the tournament.
I have sufficient health, accident and liability insurance to cover any bodily injury or property damage incurred by myself or others as a result of my participation in this event. If I have no such insurance, I represent that I am capable of paying for any and all such expenses or liability.
I hereby release, discharge, and agree to hold harmless, defend and indemnify the tournament producer(Bass on The Fly, LLC), employees, and all other persons or entities associated with the tournament from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions or rights of action which are related to, arise out of, or are in any way connected with my participation in this tournament, including specifically but not limited to the negligent acts or omissions of producer, agents and employees, the host, sponsors and tournament officials, and all other persons or entities associated with the tournament, for any and all injury, death, illness or disease, and other damage or loss to property suffered by myself or others. In signing this document, I acknowledge and agree that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged while I am engaged in this event, I will have no right to make a claim or file a lawsuit against the producer, or employees, the host, sponsors, officials and all other persons or entities associated with the tournament, even if they or any of them negligently caused the bodily injury or property damage.
Any suit brought against any of the parties listed above as a result of this Agreement or my participation in this tournament will be brought in state or county court in Wood County, Texas. Should it become necessary for any of the parties listed above, or someone on their behalf, to incur attorney's fees and costs to enforce this Agreement, or any portion thereof, I agree to pay the reasonable costs and attorney's fees thereby expended, or for which liability is incurred.
I give the producer permission to use my name, likeness including but not limited to photographs and video for promotional purposes. I agree to submit to and accept the results of the polygraph tests given at this event.
Name___________________________________________ Boater or Kayak?
Signature __________________________________________Date __________
Partner’s name ____________________________________________________
Every one must register ONLINE at ianglertournament.com & download app to phone.
Mail- $60/individual to Bass on The Fly, P.O.Box 173, Yantis, TX 75497. Must be received no later than April 16, 2018, and get entry into raffle for new rod. On site registration will be Noon-9:00PM Friday and 5:00-6:00AM Saturday, cash only. All participants must check in at the tournament site before 6:00AM Saturday.