BASS ON THE FLY - Brazos River
Need Help? Contact Us
BASS ON THE FLY Brazos River Tournament
Spivey Crossing RV Park
151 F.M. 1304
Aquilla , TX 76622
CAPTAINS MEETING Saturday, July 8, 2017 5:00AM
THIS IS WHEN THE IDENTIFIER WILL BE GIVEN, RULES DISCUSSED, ETC.
SATURDAY, July 8, 2017 6:00AM- 2:00PM
RODS, REELS AND FLIES MUST BE EXCLUSIVELY FOR FLY FISHING.
THIS IS A CATCH-PHOTO-RELEASE TOURNAMENT.
REGISTRATION COST: $60/PERSON
($5.00 tournament fees payable on the iAngler Tournament website and $55.00 (Cash) payable at the Captains Meeting)
1 year 8 months ago
IMPORTANT TOURNAMENT UPDATES
1 year 8 months ago
Welcome to iAngler Tournament - Adding Your Photo to the Leaderboard
1 year 10 months ago
"Logging Your Catch" Instructional Video
1 year 10 months ago
Events & Schedule
Lines in the Water - Tournament Begins
07/08/2017 06:00 AM
Check In Deadline - Tournament Ends
07/08/2017 02:00 PM
Rules and RegulationsClick to Read
BASS ON THE FLY - BRAZOS RIVER FISHING TOURNAMENT
2017 OFFICIAL RULES GENERAL RULES
BRAZOS RIVER JULY 8, 2017
1. RULE ENFORCEMENT: Interpretation and enforcement of these rules shall be left exclusively to the Tournament Director. The decision of the Tournament Director and tournament officials will be FINAL IN ALL MATTERS. All federal, state and local laws must be obeyed. All bass caught by contestants fishing together in one boat will be disqualified if any of the said contestants are found to be in violation of any tournament rules or laws.
2. PARTICIPANTS: This tournament may be fished via kayak, canoe, float tube, or bank/wading. Payout will be determined by the number of entries Contestants must have a valid Texas Fishing License and another form of identification.
3. ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES AND DRUGS: At no time during tournament hours are any alcoholic beverages or drugs, other than prescription, allowed in the boat or to be consumed while on the water. Violation of this rule will result in immediate disqualification and forfeiture of all entry fees.
4. SPORTSMANSHIP: All contestants are expected to follow high standards of sportsmanship, courtesy, safety and conservation. Any contestant who displays poor sportsmanship, violates these rules or any state or local laws, or brings unfavorable publicity to the sport of bass fishing will be disqualified. All non-boaters must take care to keep their fish alive and must not bring any dead fish to the weigh-in.
5. SAFETY: BOATING SAFETY MUST BE OBSERVED AT ALL TIMES. Contestants fishing out of a kayak, canoe, float tube or pontoon must wear a life preserver always. No gasoline or trolling motors are allowed.
6. TACKLE AND EQUIPMENT: All fish must be caught in a legal sporting manner. Trolling with combustion engine as a method of fishing is prohibited. ONLY RODS AND REELS, LINE AND FLIES DESIGNED EXCLUSIVELY FOR FLY FISHING MAY BE USED. No soft plastic baits, or any other type of bait, customarily used for fishing with other types of rod and reels may be used. No live or prepared bait is permitted. Liquid fish attractants are allowed. Only one (1) rod may be used at any one time. No other types of rod and reels (spinning, bait casting, spin-cast) are permitted in the boat during this tournament.
7. PROTESTS: All protests must be submitted in writing to the tournament director within 15 minutes of the final weigh-in.
8. POLYGRAPH: All contestants are subject to a polygraph test. Failure to submit to one will result in disqualification.
9. SCORING: Your score is the total length of your biggest 5 fish. Only largemouth bass or smallmouth bass should be photographed. Fish should be quickly released and not brought to the weigh-in. An individual’s longest bass will be determined for the big bass pot.
10. MEASURING OF FISH: Bass should be photo'd on a Hawg Trough measuring board, mouth closed and touching the left end of the scale, tail compressed to achieve greatest length and your unique identifier must be showing. Contestant must make every effort to release their fish alive after measuring. See additional catch-photo-release rules on the web site. (See CATCH-PHOTO-RELEASE RULES below)
11. PERMITTED FISHING WATERS: Fishing is restricted to the navigable waters of the Brazos River below the Lake Whitney dam only. Boats may be trailered to and from the weigh-in. No fishing is allowed within 25 yards of another contestant. Switching or sharing fish with other contestants or individuals will result in immediate disqualification.
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY the boundaries for Saturday July 8th will be as follows: FISHABLE WATER will be defined as any moving water source within a 50 mile radius of Spivey Crossing RV. That means that you can fish the Brazos River, the Nolan River or any of the creeks that feed either of those rivers.
12. REGISTRATION: Registration may be made prior to Friday July 7th at 7PM via the IAngler website or phone application.
13. FISHING HOURS: 6:00AM first cast -2:00PM lines out of the water. Contestants may launch at the site of their choice no earlier than 5:00AM. Contestants must be in the weigh-in line no later than 3:00PM.
14. OFF LIMITS: 7:00PM Friday-5:00AM Saturday.
15. ENTRY FEE: The entry fee is $60 per individual. The tournament will be held regardless of weather conditions and there will be no refunds of entry fees. The organizer and tournament director reserve the right to accept or reject any entry form application
16. ASSISTANCE: During hours of competition, contestants may not receive fishing information from other competitors or non-competitors or participate in the practice of “hole sitting.”
1. Prior to fishing, individual must present his camera and measuring board at the registration desk for approval. The only acceptable measuring board shall be the Hawg Trough.
2. Each contestant will be issued one identifier. The identifier must be clearly written on the back of the contestants hand and must appear in all pictures of the fish and must be readable.
3. A fish photograph should show the fish with mouth completely closed touching the end of the ruler with tail extended for maximum length, and it must also contain the current unique identifier. All fish photos must be taken with the fish facing left and the dorsal fin up. Only photos submitted via the IAngler application will be accepted. No fish will be recorded which does not comply with the prescribed photo requirements.
4. No photos of duplicate, dead, mutilated, frozen or otherwise damaged fish will be accepted. Any attempts at cheating or fraud will result in permanent suspension from Bass on the Fly-Fishing Tournaments.
Disclaimer Click to Read
Bass on the Fly - Brazos River Fishing Tournament
In consideration of allowing me to participate in this tournament I acknowledge and agree as follows:
I have read and understand the Official Rules of this tournament. I will obey all the rules and understand that any violation may result in immediate disqualification without refund of my entry fee. I also understand that tournament officials may reject my application for any reason, and in that event will refund my entry fee.
I understand and acknowledge that competitive fishing is a dangerous sport, the risks of which include, though not exclusively, drowning, collisions in the water, and injuries from hooks and other fishing equipment. I voluntarily assume responsibility for these risks, identified and not identified, and all risk of injury or death or damage to myself, or my property, or to others, including spectators and their property, arising from my participation in the tournament.
I have sufficient health, accident and liability insurance to cover any bodily injury or property damage incurred by myself or others as a result of my participation in this event. If I have no such insurance, I represent that I am capable of paying for any and all such expenses or liability.
I hereby release, discharge, and agree to hold harmless, defend and indemnify the tournament producer(Bass on The Fly, LLC), employees, and all other persons or entities associated with the tournament from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions or rights of action which are related to, arise out of, or are in any way connected with my participation in this tournament, including specifically but not limited to the negligent acts or omissions of producer, agents and employees, the host, sponsors and tournament officials, and all other persons or entities associated with the tournament, for any and all injury, death, illness or disease, and other damage or loss to property suffered by myself or others. In signing this document, I acknowledge and agree that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged while I am engaged in this event, I will have no right to make a claim or file a lawsuit against the producer, or employees, the host, sponsors, officials and all other persons or entities associated with the tournament, even if they or any of them negligently caused the bodily injury or property damage.
Any suit brought against any of the parties listed above as a result of this Agreement or my participation in this tournament will be brought in state or county court in Wood County, Texas. Should it become necessary for any of the parties listed above, or someone on their behalf, to incur attorney's fees and costs to enforce this Agreement, or any portion thereof, I agree to pay the reasonable costs and attorney's fees thereby expended, or for which liability is incurred.
I give the producer permission to use my name, likeness including but not limited to photographs and video for promotional purposes. I agree to submit to and accept the results of the polygraph tests given at this event.