2021 Reel’n for the Rapp
Johnny EllisCroaker (all)
Joseph GoinsBlue catfish
Garrett BackeSmall Mouth Bass
Silas ChristianAmerican Eel
(540) 373-3448 ext. 116
(540) 373- 3448 ext. 112
(540) 373-3448 ext. 115
Need Help? Contact Us
2021 Reel’n for the Rapp
June 12 - June 26, 2021
Friends of the Rappahannock encourages those of all ages and experience levels to join us for a two week virtual fishing tournament. Between June 12- 26th, participants will have the opportunity to fish across our Rappahannock Watershed to receive prizes varying from gear, local experiences, and much, much more.
All proceeds from the tournament will be given to Friends of the Rappahannock to go towards Rappahannock advocacy, restoration and educational programming.
- Rappahannock River and its tributaries (Rivers and Streams ONLY)
- Youth may fish at the following locations
- Old Cossey Pond - https://dwr.virginia.gov/waterbody/old-cossey-pond/
- Wilna Pond (at Rappahannock River Valley National Wildlife Refuge, Wilna Unit) https://dwr.virginia.gov/vbwt/sites/rappahannock-river-valley-national-w...
- Phelps Pond - https://dwr.virginia.gov/waterbody/phelps-pond/
- Motts Reservoir - https://dwr.virginia.gov/waterbody/motts-run-reservoir/
- Mountain Run Lake - https://dwr.virginia.gov/waterbody/mountain-run/
- Pelham Reservoir - https://dwr.virginia.gov/waterbody/pelham-reservoir/
- Lake Mooney - https://dwr.virginia.gov/waterbody/lake-mooney/
- Hunting Run Reservoir - https://dwr.virginia.gov/waterbody/hunting-run-reservoir/
Multiple Ways To Score Points:
- Catch a fish using a fly rod
- Catch a fish from a kayak
- Catch a catfish over 20"
- Catch a Virginia citation fish of any species
- Catch a fish while wearing a life jacket
- Pick up one bag of litter in a public park
- Catch a native brook trout in Shenandoah National Park
- Become (or Renew) a Member of FOR
- Catch a fish, age 15 or under
- Tournament officially begins on June 12th at 12:01 AM.
- Tournament will be open during any time of day until June 26th at 11:59 PM.
- All entries made before the start or after the close will be disqualified.
- All awards will be posted at 11 AM MONDAY, June 28th.
$15 USDTeam Event
Min: 1 Angler
Max: 1 Angler
$25 USDIndividual Angler
Register as Team
Register as Individual
"Logging Your Catch" Instructional Video
1 month 1 week ago
Welcome to iAngler Tournament - Adding Your Photo to the Leaderboard
1 month 1 week ago
Events & Schedule
06/12/2021 12:00 AM
06/27/2021 12:00 AM
06/28/2021 11:00 AM
Rules and RegulationsClick to Read
Rules and Regulations
- Must use iAngler Tournament app
- Entries into the tournament will be accepted at any time of day or night.
- To have an entry qualify, you must take a photo with the fish next to the Tournament Approved Tape Measure. If you lose this tape measure, you must include an official FOR sticker with a standard inches tape measure for the entry to qualify.
- Please minimize the time your catch is out of water
- No editing of photos. WE WILL KNOW!
- Winners will be determined by length and then in case of tie, time/ date of entry.
Disclaimer Click to Read
IMPORTANT: THIS IS A LEGAL DOCUMENT Please read and understand this document before signing. If you have any questions please ask us or consult an attorney.
The Virginia Outdoor Center (VOC) and Friends of the Rappahannock (FOR) have done everything possible to assure that our guests have an enjoyable river experience. We wish to inform our guests that a river trip, camping trip, tree planting, or cleanup is not risk-free. The same elements that that contribute to the unique character and fun of a river, such as “shooting the rapids” can cause loss or damage to equipment, injury, illness, or in extreme cases, permanent trauma or death. We do not want to heighten or reduce your enthusiasm for the experience, but we do want you to know in advance what to expect, and be informed of some of the possible risks.
ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF RISK I realize that changing waterflow or currents, submerged and semi-submerged objects, varying wind and weather conditions, the presence of other watercraft, the speed at which I travel, use of tools, the stability characteristics of a watercraft, and certain foreseen and unforeseen events or hazards can contribute to the unpredictability of the activity; that certain risks associated with this activity such as, but not limited to collision, upset, overturn, and sinking can result in getting wet, injured, exposed to the elements, drowned, and personal property damaged or lost; that for swimmers and non-swimmers, wearing a U.S. Coast Guard-approved Personal Flotation Device (PFD) is a basic safety precaution (I agree to wear my PFD at all times); that I may suffer accidents or illness in remote places where there are no available medical facilities; and that I should ask about potential hazards and recommended precautions and procedures. I also realize that participation in the activity can result in personal injury, accident, or illness, including but not limited to insect bites, animal bites, reptile bites, exposure to marine life forms including bacteria, heat related injuries and illness (heat exhaustion, heat stroke, dehydration), cuts, bruises, sprains, broken bones, hypothermia, slipping when getting in or out of watercraft, paralysis, dismemberment, or death. I certify that the participants from my family listed below, including minor children, are fully capable of participating in the experience. I state that I have read the above statement on some of the possible risks in this activity. Therefore, I assume full responsibility for myself, my family, including minor children, for bodily injury, death and loss of personal and rental property and any expenses as a result of my negligence, the negligence of members of my family, or the negligence of VOC or FOR. I also understand that VOC and FOR reserve the right to refuse any person they judge to be incapable of meeting the requirements of participating in the experience. The participant(s) listed below are in good physical condition and able to undertake this activity. CONTRACT, WAIVER, RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Virginia Outdoor Center, Friends of the Rappahannock, and their agents and employees from all claims, damages, losses, injuries and expenses arising out of or resulting from participation in these activities. I further agree to release, acquit, and covenant not to sue VOC and FOR, their agents and employees for all actions causes of action claims or damages, damages in law or remedies in equity of whatever kind, including the negligence of VOC or FOR or my family, myself, or my heirs, against VOC or FOR arising out of participation in this program. In short, I cannot sue VOC or FOR and if I do, I cannot collect any money. I agree to the site of any lawsuit of the law governing any such lawsuit shall be Fredericksburg, Va. and governed by Commonwealth of Virginia Law. The terms of this agreement shall continue and be in effect after the experience has ended. As liquidated damages, I hereby agree that if either VOC or FOR are forced to defend any action, lawsuit or litigation by myself, my executors, or my heirs, on my family’s or my behalf, my heirs or executors and I agree to pay VOC or FOR costs and attorneys fees if they successfully defend such action, lawsuit or litigation. I authorize and release to VOC and FOR the use of my image in any photo or video recording.
I have adequate health, disability and life insurance for my self and my family.