2021 Pine Island Elementary Fishing Tournament & Derby
Need Help? Contact Us
Pine Island Elementary
Fishing Tournament & Derby
November 7, 2021
The Matlacha Hookers are proud to host the 22nd Annual Pine Island Fishing Tournament & Derby at the Olde Fish House in Matlacha on Sunday, November 7, 2021.
We are now celebrating 23 years in existence; In 1998 twenty-one women came together with the unified goal to “Make a Positive Difference in Our Community”. Nearly 200 active members are striving to achieve this goal by exceeding previous years efforts to benefit the students and teachers at the Pine Island Elementary school.
Over the last decade, $200,000.00 in donated monies has allowed the school to provide an after school tutoring program, stock their library with over 5,000 books, schedule educational field trips and provide supplemental educational materials, along with scholarships for higher learning to many graduated seniors and G.E.D. students. Dr. Thomas Millins, stated that "the Matlacha Hookers have been able to provide the school, teachers and children with countless opportunities that otherwise would not have been possible."
During our event we have two types of fishing. The Derby is for the children, K-5th, who fish by land at the Olde Fish House Marina with help from parents and volunteers. Each child is provided with a brand-new rod and reel and all the bait they need to catch “the big one”. The rod and reels are theirs to keep. For a $35 suggested donation any elementary aged child can fish, although not required for participation. We have seen kids hook into all types of fish over the years from puffer fish to grouper. Trophies are given to the place winners of each division.
The angler’s C.P.R tournament begins with lines in the water at 7am and final fish entries at 3pm. The fishermen are fishing for cash prizes awarded to the longest length of each snook, redfish and trout. The longest combined length of all three species will be awarded the SLAM.
- Longest entry of each species will be the winner for the cash prizes for the Snook, Redfish and Trout.
$75 USDIndividual Angler
Processing fee of $5.00 USD will be added to the registration fee.
Register as Individual
"Logging Your Catch" Instructional Video
3 weeks 6 days ago
Welcome to iAngler Tournament - Adding Your Photo to the Leaderboard
3 weeks 6 days ago
Events & Schedule
Beer and Food Provided by the Olde Fish House Restaurant
11/06/2021 06:00 PM
Lines in the Water - Honor Start
11/07/2021 07:00 AM
11/07/2021 02:00 PM
Lines out of the Water - Photo Submission Deadline
11/07/2021 03:00 PM
11/07/2021 04:30 PM
Rules and RegulationsClick to Read
Angler C.P.R. Regulations for the P.I.E Fishing Tourney
- All Photos to be used as the submission for your team must be uploaded into the iAngler Tournament App
- All state fishing and boating laws apply
- All fish must be caught by hook and line
- ALL fish must be photographed with a digital camera/phone on Official Tournament Measuring Device issued at Captains Meeting. Fish MAY BE ANY LENGTH.
- Must have nose of fish on LINE 0, line must be visible
- Pinch Tail encouraged
- IAngler Tournament App will allow you to submit multiple photos for each species but it will only keep the longest one for the submission for each species.
- The longest per species photo will automatically be entered as their photo for the Big Fish Categories. (Snook, Redfish, Trout)
- Wade fishing is ALLOWED - No dropping off anglers at spots and coming back later to pick them up. The use of a combustion engine is prohibited while there is an angler in the water.
- No exchanging bait/fish between boats.
- Honor Start from any launch. No lines in the water prior to 7am.
- Submission for photo’s begins at 8am– All Teams must have photos submitted by 3pm for final submission… NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Tie breaker will be determined by the time first photo was submitted.
- Keep track of your photo submissions on your team card if you have any discrepancies, you will need this.
- The Tournament Director has the final decision in all disputes.
- Be courteous to all Officials and Participants!
- Be safe and most importantly have FUN!!!!
Disclaimer Click to Read
Matlacha Hookers Release of Liability Waiver for the Pine Island Elementary Fishing Tournament & Derby
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way during the Pine Island Elementary Fishing Tournament & Derby, and its related events and activities, We, the undersigned, being of at least 18 years of age acknowledge, appreciate and agree that:
- Risk of injury from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while skill, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,
- I KNOWLINGY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others and assume full responsibility for my participation; along with anyone under the age of 18 that is in my care while participating in the event.
- I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such attention of the Tournament Director immediately; and
- I, for myself and behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS THE Matlacha Hookers, Inc, The Olde Fish House Marina and their officers, officials, agents and/ or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used for the activity (“Releases”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss of damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest of the extent permitted by law.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.