2018 Texas Carpnado
Guillermo GonzalezCommon Carp Cooper ClaryCommon Carp Chris FowlerCommon Carp Donavan ClaryCommon Carp Adam TateCommon Carp Eric BurnettCommon Carp
Need Help? Contact Us
The Texas Carpnado will be a fun event offering ﬂy anglers the opportunity to spend the better part of two days combing their favorite carp waters across the entire state of Texas, searching for any of the four primary species of carp in the State.
We will have five total prizes to win - They must all be caught on public waters and without a guide
1.Top 5 Fish Prize - The top 5 Common Carp, Mirror Carp and Koi you catch will count towards your total score. There will be prizes to award for the top 3 contestants. Grass Carp not included in the 5 fish total
2. Big Fish Prize - This prize says it. If you catch the largest Grass Carp, Common Carp, Mirror Carp or Koi during the tournament you win the big fish prize
3. Small Fish Prize - Yes you read that right if you happen to catch a wee Grass Carp, Common Carp, Mirror Carp or Koi you are the lucky winner!
The event will conclude at 5pm on August 12th at the Tupps Brewery in McKinney, where participants will enjoy a meal from one of our regional food trucks, along with their ﬁrst round of Tupps beer, while swapping stories, participating in activities, and enjoying the closing award ceremony.
Cost per person to participate will be $75 per contestant. Contestant will receive 1 Meal ticket. 1 beer ticket and a T-shirt
A high percentage money from contestant entry fees will be donated to Patriot Anglers. An amazing group of guys based in North Texas and Southern Oklahoma with a mission to provide mentorship to our disabled and medically affected Veterans in North Texas and Southern Oklahoma through fly fishing.
Live Captains meeting will start at 7am on Saturday August 11th after completion of Captains meeting you can fish anywhere you like. Lines must be out of the water by 4pm on August 12th and You must Arrive at Tupps Brewery in McKinney to check in by 5pm. If your late you will be disqualified please plan accordingly.
Captains Meeting - Live Broadcast
3 years 4 months ago
"Logging Your Catch" Instructional Video
3 years 8 months ago
Welcome to iAngler Tournament - Adding Your Photo to the Leaderboard
3 years 8 months ago
Events & Schedule
08/11/2018 07:00 AM
Lines in the Water (Immediately after Fisherman Meeting.)
08/11/2018 07:00 AM
Lines out of the Water
08/12/2018 04:00 PM
After-Party and Awards Ceremony
08/12/2018 05:00 PM
Rules and RegulationsClick to Read
Texas Carpnado rules and regulations
1. The Series is open to ALL anglers provided they meet the Requirements and follow all the Rules and Regulations listed below.
2. Participants MUST attend the online live Captain’s Meeting. There will be only one on Saturday Morning at 7AM and you must post a message letting us know you were present during the meeting. You must verify that you are registered on I-angler.
3. The Captains meeting will be held Saturday, August 11th promptly at 7am after the captains meeting you are free to fish any public water through August 12th where all caught fish photos MUST be submitted by 4pm central time. You must arrive at Tupps Brewery and check in on August 12th by 5pm, no later. If you are late you will be disqualified from the Tournament so plan accordingly.
4. LIABILITY RELEASE/LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
ALL competitors must agree to a liability release prior to start of the event, this can be completed any time before captains meeting and emailed to Steven Palmer.
Subject: signed waiver to firstname.lastname@example.org
ALL competitors UNDER the age of 18 must provide a liability release signed by a parent or guardian before the start of the event. Parent or guardian must be present.
ALL competitors MUST have a valid Texas Freshwater Fishing License or be exempt under TPWD regulations.
For current regulations and information on fishing licenses visit: http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/business/licenses/index.phtml
5. Public waters fishing only, Kayaks and other boats can be used, but only on public access sites to launch.
6. NO PAID GUIDES can be used we encourage you to fish with friends, but no cheating…..please follow the rules!
7. At no time during tournament hours are any alcoholic beverages or drugs, other than prescription, allowed to be consumed while on the water. Violation of this rule will result in immediate disqualification and forfeiture of all entry fees.
8. All contestants are expected to follow high standards of sportsmanship, courtesy, safety and conservation. Any contestant who displays poor sportsmanship, violates these rules or any state or local laws, or brings unfavorable publicity to the sport of CARP fishing will be disqualified. Yea we said CARP FISHING!
9. Boating safety must be observed always. A USCG approved life preserver must be on and fastened any time the combustible engine is operative, and the kill switch must be attached to the driver. Contestants fishing out of a kayak, float tube or pontoon must wear a life preserver always.
10. All fish must be caught in a legal sporting manner. ONLY FLY RODS AND REELS, LINE AND FLIES DESIGNED EXCLUSIVELY FOR FLY FISHING MAY BE USED. No soft plastic baits, or any other type of bait, customarily used for fishing with other types of rod and reels may be used. No live or prepared bait is permitted. Chum or Liquid fish attractants are not allowed. No other types of rod and reels (spinning, bait casting, spin-cast) are permitted during this tournament.
11. MEASURING OF FISH: Carp should be photo'd on a metal or plastic measuring board with easy to read numbers, touching the left end of the scale and your ID tag/number must be showing. Contestant must make every effort to release their fish alive after measuring.
12. Since this will mostly be an online submitted tournament, there will be no late submittals. If you know you do not have cell service out on the lake or are using a digital camera, it is YOUR responsibility to get back early so you can submit it in person or when you have service.
13. Measuring device must be clear and easy to read in the photos. Please bring your measuring device to the award ceremony in case there are any disputes.
Acceptable measuring devices include but not limited to CCA 42-inch aluminum fish ruler from academy would be ideal due to length, Hawg Trough with highlighted numbers, Gator Grip measuring ruler, Check-it-stick.
HOMEMADE, RETRACTABLE TAPE, WOODEN, FOLDING, OR SLIDING MEASURING DEVICES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE AT ANY TIME.
14. APPROVED CAMERAS
We will be using I-Angler to judge all submissions for this tournament.
All contestants are to submit their catch through I-Angler’s App on their smart phone.
If you do not have cell service or are using a digital camera, you will need to plan accordingly and come find the Tournament Director before the deadline to submit your catch.
While we have a universal card reader, it is highly recommended that you bring a USB cord that is compatible with your camera. It is YOUR responsibility to make sure we can download your picture
15. Switching or sharing fish with other contestants or individuals will result in immediate disqualification.
16. Using a landing net is permitted but no other person can help you net/land the fish, you must net/land the fish yourself.
17. No snagging (fish needs to be hooked near mouth) and No mistreatment of fish.
18. Every photo must be clear and readable with ID Card/Number showing. If we cannot read the length of the fish clearly, we will not accept the photo.
19. All fish must be caught on public waters.
20.Top 5 fish of any combination will take prize 1 point per inch for Common Carp, Mirror carp and Koi on public waters ONLY. Grass carp are NOT included for total 5 fish score.
21. Big fish prize - Grass carp, Common carp, Mirror Carp and Koi are included. The biggest fish wins.
22. Small fish prize - the smaller the fish the better! Grass Carp, Common Carp, Koi, Mirror Carp included.
• In the event of a TIE, the following criteria will decide the winner:
• Biggest Fish
• 2nd Biggest Fish
• 3rd Biggest Fish
• And so on until there are no more fish to compare; then a coin toss.
24. All contestants must register online at ianglertournament.com and download their app.
25. The entry fee is $75 per individual. The tournament will be held regardless of weather. The organizer and tournament director reserve the right to accept or reject any entry form application.
26. BY FAR THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE HAVE FUN. LIVE LAUGH AND ENJOY THE EXPERIENCE WITH YOUR FELLOW FLY FISHERS.
1. Prior to fishing contestants must download I angler app.
The measuring board must be a commercial metal or plastic model which clearly shows the numbers and lines for inch and half-inch markings. HOMEMADE, RETRACTABLE TAPE, WOODEN, FOLDING, OR SLIDING MEASURING DEVICES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE AT ANY TIME.
2. Each contestant will be issued one identification tag or number. This tag/number must appear in all pictures of the fish and must be readable.
3. A fish photograph should show the fish touching the end of the ruler with tail extended for maximum length, and it must also contain the ID tag/number on hand. All fish photos must be taken with the fish facing left and the dorsal fin up. No fish will be recorded which does not comply with the prescribed photo requirements. Fish length will be rounded to the next higher half-inch.
4. No photos of duplicate, dead, mutilated, frozen or otherwise damaged fish will be accepted. Any attempts at cheating or fraud will result in permanent suspension from Texas Carpnado tournaments.
5. If you cannot get a cell phone connection on the water, bring your phone to registration to have photos checked by 4:00PM
Disclaimer Click to Read
Waiver & Release of Liability
“Releasor” shall mean the undersigned person registered for the TEXAS CARPNADO.
“Releasees” shall mean any and all persons or entities responsible for the organization of, implementation of, and management of the TEXAS CARPNADO.
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the Activities entered into by the Releasor for the fishing tournament, the parties agree as follows:
1) Releasor acknowledges that all fishing Activity carries with it the potential for death, serious injury and property loss. These risks include, but are not limited to, those caused by water activities, vessels, temperature, weather and condition of the participants.
2) Releasor FULLY UNDERSTANDS that (a) participating in fishing involves risks and dangers of SERIOUS BODILY INJURY, INCLUDING PERMANENT DISABILITY, AND DEATH (”Risks”); (b) these Risks and dangers may be caused by Releasor’s own actions, or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in this Activity, the condition in which the Activity takes place, or THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES; (c) There may be other risks and social and economic loss either not known to Releasor or not readily foreseeable at this time; and Releasor FULLY ACCEPTS AND ASSUMES ALL SUCH RISKS, KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES, COSTS AND DAMAGES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF RELEASOR’S PARTICIPATION IN THIS ACTIVITY.
3) RELEASOR HEREBY WAIVES, RELEASES AND DISCHARGES RELEASEES from any and all liability, including but not limited to, liability arising from the negligence, GROSS NEGLIGENCE or fault of the RELEASEES, for Releasor’s death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft or actions of any kind which may hereafter occur to Releasor.
4) RELEASOR HEREBY INDEMNIFIES, SAVES AND HOLDS HARMLESS EACH OF THE RELEASEES FROM ANY LITIGATION EXPENSES, ATTORNEY’S FEES, LOSS, LIABILITY, DAMAGE OR COSTS AND PROMISE NOT TO SUE THE RELEASEES for any and all liabilities, claims demands, losses or damages as a result of participation in this Activity, whether caused in whole or part by the negligence or any action or inaction of the Releasees.
5) RELEASOR CERTIFIES THAT RELEASOR HAS READ THIS AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTANDS ITS TERMS, UNDERSTANDS THAT RELEASOR HAS GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT AND HAS SIGNED IT FREELY AND WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT OR ASSURANCE OF ANY NATURE AND INTENDS IT TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY THE LAW AND AGREES THAT IF ANY PORTION OF THIS AGREEMENT IS HELD TO BE INVALID THAT THE BALANCE, NOTWITHSTANDING, SHALL CONTINUE IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT.
6) Any actions shall be brought in the state of Texas and this document shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas.
7) As a participant in the TEXAS CARPNADO, I acknowledge the risks, and assume personal responsibility for my actions. I hereby release, covenant not to sue and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the TEXAS CARPNADO, its agents, employees, officers, and successors from any claim or liability, which I, my heirs, executors, administrators or assigns may have or claim to have arising out of any bodily injury, death, or property damage I might sustain relating to activities while participating in the TEXAS CARPNADO. I have read this Waiver & Release of Liability and I understand all its terms. I sign it voluntarily and with full knowledge of its legal consequences.