17th Annual CCA Maryland Kent Narrows Fly & Light Tackle VIRTUAL Tournament
Need Help? Contact Us
***Due to current orders and regulations, this event will be held in a virtual format, with no in person gathering. ***
17th Annual CCA Maryland Kent Narrows Fly & Light Tackle Tournament
CCA MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED: ALL MAY JOIN AND ENTER
Entry includes shirts that will be available for pick up at Island Tackle Outfitters. Shirts may be shipped at entrants request and expense.
To join, renew, or check status go to membership.joincca.org or by calling (800) 201-FISH (3474). The mailing label of our TIDE magazine also contains your membership number.
HOW TO SIGN UP
$40 for Current CCA Members (Register through app/Computer NOT paypal button)
$65 for New/Renewing CCA Members(use paypal buttons) (Includes 1 - yr Membership a $35 value or extends membership by 12 months)
You can use a computer or the app to register, but be sure to follow these steps below:
Step 1: Download the iAngler Tournament App to your smart phone and register for a FREE account. You will use the app to enter photos while competing in the tournament.
Step 2: Enter registration and payment information for the tournament and select shirt size and chapter. Don't know your chapter? Pick the region you're from, b/c that's the chapter you will automatically be added to based on zip code when joining CCA Maryland
DO NOT FORGET YOUR TEAM NAME IF FISHING WITH UP TO 3 OTHER ANGLERS.
MAX TEAM SIZE=4 ANGLERS.
Step 3: Once registered, return here to the main tournament page
Step 4: Check on your smart phone and LOG IN with your new registration to ensure that your participation in the tournament has been added to your account.
NEW MEMBERS WHO REGISTER VIA THE PAYPAL LINK SHOULD ENTER THE COUPON CODE NEWCCA TO BYPASS FURTHER PAYMENT WHEN REGISTERING VIA FOR THE TOURNAMENT(ON APP OR COMPUTER). NEW MEMBERS MAY PUT ANY NUMBERS IN THE CCA MEMBER ID# BLANK WHEN FINALIZING REGISTRATION.
For assistance with registration call David Sikorski @443-621-9186 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth Entry: NO ENTRY FEE FOR YOUTH ANGLERS. Participating youth members may enter any legal fish of any species to receive a prize. (Youth Memberships are $10 and available at membership.joincca.org ) Youth may use code CCAYOUTH to bypass payment if creating individual account, OR enter catch using an adults iAnglertournament Account. Please advise tournament leaders via email to email@example.com if you will be logging catch for a youth.
LINES IN: SUNRISE: 5:40 a.m. June 6, 2020
LINES OUT/PICTURE SUBMISSION DEADLINE: SUNSET 8:28 p.m. June 6, 2020
Prizes will be awarded for each of the following catches by an individual. Based on length of Rockfish to the nearest ¼”
ALL ROCKFISH MUST BE CAREFULLY RELEASED DURING TOURNAMENT
Prizes per division listed below, missing info to be added prior to event
SIMMS Fly Division:
1st, 2nd, 3rd LONGEST ROCKFISH
PRIZES: Winners' choice: SIMMS challenger Bibs, Umpqua/Scientific Anglers Pkg, TFO Fly Rod/>
1st, 2nd, 3rd LONGEST ROCKFISH
TACKLE COVE Kayak Division:
1st, 2nd, 3rd LONGEST ROCKFISH
1st, 2nd, 3rd LONGEST ROCKFISH - Trophies
LONGEST ROCKFISH Caught by a Lady Angler Division - PRIZE $200 Aftco Gift Card or Engel Backpack cooler & CCA Spinning Rod. –
LONGEST ROCKFISH OVERALL – PRIZE: Framed Rockfish artwork & $100 Island Tackle Gift Card
TRAEGER GRILLS INVASIVE SPECIES DIVISION- Snakehead and Blue Catfish most inches entered wins a Traeger Grill.
Chesapeake Light Tackle - The Books - Longest Perch – PRIZE: TFO/Shimano Panfish Combo
TEAM STRINGER DIVISION:
LARGEST TOTAL LENGTH OF A 3 ROCKFISH STRINGER PER SINGLE BOAT (up to 4 anglers). Any combination of 3 rockfish caught on a single boat/kayak by a single angler or a combination of rockfish caught by up to 4 anglers on the same boat.(ALL ANGLERS ON A TEAM MUST REGISTER INDIVIDUALLY, BUT CAN LOG CATCH ON ONE ACCOUNT ON DAY OF TOURNAMENT) PRIZE:$400 Island Tackle Outfitters Gift Card
CALCUTTA A : Island Tackle Oufitters CALCUTTA: $25 per entrant. Longest Rockfish caught by angler in calcutta will receive 75% of total calcutta entry. Must be paid by cash in person at Island Tackle Outfitters(1915 Main St, Chester, MD 21619), or via CC over the phone by calling the store at (410) 643-4099 before lines in on June 6th, 2020. (a small fee will be charged for CC)
CALCUTTA B: Blackwaters Edge CALCUTTA: $20 per entrant. Longest Snakehead caught by angler in calcutta will receive 75% of total calcutta entry. Must be paid by cash in person at Woolford Store(1614 Taylors Island Rd, Woolford, MD 21677) OR via paypal button below.(paypal button may not work or be visible on mobile devices)
CALCUTTA C : TACKLE COVE LONGEST FISH - $20 **
LONGEST FISH BY ANGLER ENTERED IN CALCUTTA WINS NATIVE MANTA RAY XT 12 KAYAK & PADDLE FROM TACKLE COVE & CD OUTDOORS.
LONGEST FISH IS BASED ON ANY SPECIES ENTERED, NOT JUST ROCKFISH. ALL ENTRANTS ARE ELIGIBLE, NOT JUST KAYAK ANGLERS.
PAY VIA PAYPAL BUTTON BELOW(PAYPAL BUTTON MAY NOT BE VISIBLE ON SMARTPHONE, USE COMPUTER TO REGISTER)
**minimum entry of 20 anglers to award prize.
Please click the rules banner below to review all rules prior to virtual captains meeting and Q&A
REFUNDS ACCEPTED BEFORE LINES IN FOR WEATHER OR HEALTH AND SAFETY CONCERNS
RAIN DATE TO BE DETERMINED BEFORE 6/4 CAPTAINS MEETING ON FB LIVE.
Q&A AVAILABLE AT CAPTAINS MEETING
Events & Schedule
VIRTUAL Capt's Meeting
06/04/2020 08:00 PM
Photo Indicator Announcement
06/05/2020 08:00 PM
Rules and RegulationsClick to Read
ALL FISH MUST BE CAUGHT ACCORDING TO MARYLAND RECREATIONAL FISHING REGULATIONS AND ON HOOK AND LINE.
- FISHING BOUNDARIES: Maryland Tidal Waters
- SPECIES: Striped Bass / Rockfish (Catch, Photo, Release Only) Perch, NEW FOR 2020 - Snakehead & Blue Catfish. ALL ROCKFISH shall be released in a manner to maximize health and survivability of the released fish.
- LINES IN: SUNRISE: 5:40 a.m. June 6, 2020
- LINES OUT/PICTURE SUBMISSION DEADLINE: SUNSET 8:28 p.m. June 6, 2020
- ALLOWED FISHING TACKLE:
- Fly and Light Tackle only.
- Artificial lures or flies only.
- Artificial scent, liquid/gel color or lure enhancement allowed for Light Tackle only.
- No Trolling
- NEW FOR 2020 - Live/Dead Bait MAY BE used for TRAEGER Invasive Species Division ONLY - Circle Hooks must be used for Catfish & left in mouth for pictures.
- All occupants on a vessel must be entered in the tournament. MAX 4 per vessel (not counting youth)
- Youth catch does not count for any other division or as part of team stringer unless youth has paid full entry therefore removing them from youth division.
- Participants may not change boats during the tournament.
- Tournament officials reserve the right to examine the embedded metadata of any photo image to confirm the validity of picture. Photos with edited or missing metadata may be disallowed at the judge’s discretion. Judges may ask to view the original image on your phone or camera. Failure to provide an original image may result in disqualification
- Tournament officials reserve the right to inspect any participant’s ruler before, during, or after judging and disqualify any catch if a ruler modification is suspected. Failure to present the ruler to judges at their request may result in disqualification.
- No fish below the legal size limit may be entered.(<19")
- NO FISH SHOULD COVER THE RULER COMPLETELY.
- Any fish caught longer than 48” should be photographed next to the ruler
- Measurements will be made to nearest 1/4”
- To properly measure a fish, place it directly next to or on top of the ruler, w/ the nose towards the zero mark. Any length of fish beyond the zero inches mark of the ruler will not count towards the official length. Rulers MAY NOT be modified in any way, but it IS RECOMMENDED that a fish be placed against a bulkhead, or attached to a board to allow the snout of the fish to be even with the zero mark.
- The overall fish length will be judged based on the image you provide from the snout to the tip of the tail. The tail may be pinched.
- Tournament participants will be provided a tournament identifier after sunset on Friday June 5th via iAngler and on CCA Maryland's Facebook page. The Identifier must be visible in all pictures and may be printed out, drawn on a hand or ruler, or be made visible in all pictures of fish. FOR SAMPLE IMAGE CLICK THIS LINK: https://www.ccamd.org/CPRsample
- A single, clear and readable photo of your catch should be taken against the 48” CCA MD ruler.
- Those received at a previous years CCA MD or Boat Yard Bar and Grill Tournament are allowed.
- New RELEASENSE rulers may be picked up at Island Tackle Outfitters
- PROTEST: All participants reserve the right to challenge any photo judgement OR report any possible rule infraction before SUNSET on June 6th when judging ends, and final scores are posted online. ANY PROTEST MUST BE SENT TO INFORMATION@CCAMD.ORG Please include description of possible error or infraction, any evidence, and contact information for those who wish to be interviewed by judges.
- Judges reserve the right to disqualify any entry and have final say in determination of fish length by a 2/3 majority vote.
- Tie breaker determined by time of entry or when stringer length is achieved.
- CATCH SUBMISSION DETAILS:
- Pictures shall be submitted via the iAngler Tournament smart phone app BEFORE LINES OUT - Sunset 8:28pm.
- Time will be determined by the iAngler Tournament server clock, allow for a few min buffer for upload.
- No catch logged after 8:28pm will count in the tournament.
- In case of a tie, the individual that turns in their catch first or team reaches the stringer length first is the winner.
- Participants must confirm that their catch has been recorded properly, and can do so through the iAngler Tournament Scoreboard throughout the day.
- Youth participants without a smartphone or email may be connected to an adults account PRIOR to lines in for catch logging purposes.
- If fishing on a boat with multiple participants you may submit catch under one persons name, or add an anglers name in the notes section of the catch submission.
- As a LAST RESORT Participants with technical dificulties may text message catch to 443-621-9186, or call to trouble shoot during fishing.
Disclaimer Click to Read
For good and valuable consideration, including without limitation the acceptance of the registered participants entry or participation in the 17th Annual Kent Narrows Fly & Light Tackle Tournament (the "Event") and being permitted to participate in certain related activities, the registered participant, for his or herself and his or her personal representatives, heirs, guest, invitees, employees, and team or crew members hereby (1) RELEASES, WAIVES, DISCHARGES, AND COVENANTS NOT TO SUE Coastal Conservation Association or its Chapters, subsidiaries, related entities, respective members, volunteers, heirs, successors, assigns, officers, directors, employees, agents, contractors, sponsors and subcontractors, (collectively, the "Releasees") from any and all liability to the registered participant, his or her personal representatives, assigns, heirs and next of kin, and for all loss or damage, and all claims or damages therefore, on account of bodily injury, personal injury, death, property or other damage of or to the undersigned, his or her guests, invitees, employees, team or crew, during the Event or arising out of or in any way in connection with the Event or its Rules or related activities or while the registered participant is competing, or participating, regardless of whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence or alleged negligence of Releasees ; (2) AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS Releasees and each of them from and against all claims, actions, causes of action, damages, liabilities, losses and judgments (collectively, the "Claims") of or by all guests, invitees, employees, and team or crew of the registered participant for bodily injury, personal injury, death, property or other damage which they may suffer or incur during the Event or arising out of or in any way in connection with the Event or its Rules or related activities, regardless of whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence or alleged negligence of Releasees; and, (3) ASSUMES FULL RESPONSIBILITY for the risk or occurrence of bodily injury, personal injury, death, property or other damage of or to his or herself, his or her guests, invitees, employees, and team or crew and to his or her boat and equipment due to negligence of Releasees or otherwise during the Event or while participating in the Event or related activities or while in or on the Event premises, which includes but is not limited to, its common properties, recreational areas, and adjacent docks, piers, and boat slips. Participant further assumes the responsibility for and acknowledges all dangers associated with weather and sea conditions; (4) Anyone entering this Tournament is required to abide by the Tournament Rules. Disqualifications will be determined by the Tournament Judges consisting of three (3) volunteer CCA Maryland Representatives. Any protest must state the rule violated and be received by the tournament judges photo Check-in Deadline. All team participants, including team members, guides and boat drivers are responsible for knowing, understanding, and abiding by these Rules. Failure of any team participant to follow tournament rules or procedures will result in disqualification of the team in violation or non-compliance. Questions and comments concerning any Rule may be directed to the Tournament Director/Co-Chair. In all Tournament matters, the decisions of the tournament committee are final. The registered participant agrees to pay all of the Releases’ costs of defending all Claims and further agrees that this Release, Hold Harmless and Agreement Not to Sue is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Maryland and that, if any portion of this agreement is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect. The registered participant also gives permission to use her / his name and picture in any published report or coverage of the event.