SRFC - 2018 Baltimore Chapter Dundee Bass Tournament
Need Help? Contact Us
This is a kayak and boat, catch and release tournament. We will be targeting Black Bass.
You will need: your ID, valid Maryland tidal fishing license, fishing gear, parking free car topper, $10 trailer, member marker, and smart phone. A "Hawg Trough" is required for this event. Captains meeting will begin with a quick check in and breakfast. Feel free to bring juice and coffee. Weather you choose to fish by boat or kayak. We will target the top 3 Biggest Bass we can find and record it using the iAngler Tournament System. Log all your catches for the day and the top three will automatically be accepted. We encourage members to invite friends who are not members. Non-members will be allowed in the event by member invite only. Goodie bags and fun giveaways for all as usual via sponsorship involvement. If you would like to purchase a membership to gain access to ALL events go to https://www.susquehannafishingclub.com/events-tournaments
Tournaments provide a guarantee win of $500 for first place only, per tournament. Additional prizes weather cash, goods, or services will be provided based on sponsor involvement and outside angler registration. We encourage you to promote the club and get non-members involved in order to grow the winnings and promote club growth. 80 percent of non-member entry fees will go directly towards the winnings and dispersed at the Tournament Directors discretion. The fee for non-members will be $70 per tournament. Non-members may attend via invite only from a paid SRFC Member. Non-members will be prompted to, and must indicate, who invited them to the tournament when registering on the website. We encourage you to educate your, invite only recruit, to join the club and buy a membership which offers them all three tournaments at a $110 savings on our tournaments alone! Each member is responsible for providing the appropriate fishing license at each event. This tournament listed will award members 50 points automatically for attending. In addition, members will get up to 10 additional SRFC Points for placing in the top ten tournament finishers. Scoring will be 10 points for 1st place, coinciding with 1 point for 10th place. SRFC Pro-staff is eligible for all services, goods, and cash prizes. SRFC Pro-staff will attend and compete in these tournaments. In the event SRFC Pro-staff place in a tournament there placement will become void in the point system. This allows a total of ten members to still receive their deserved finishing SRFC Points for the tournament. All SRFC Member Tournaments are Catch-Photo-Release.
"Logging Your Catch" Instructional Video
1 year 5 months ago
Welcome to iAngler Tournament - Adding Your Photo to the Leaderboard
1 year 5 months ago
Events & Schedule
07/29/2018 04:45 AM
Lines in the Water
07/29/2018 05:00 AM
Check In / Tournament Ends
07/29/2018 03:30 PM
Rules and RegulationsClick to Read
Rules and Regulations
1. PARTICIPATION AND ELIGIBILITY. Participation is open to anyone 18 years of age or older. Minors are eligible to participate with a parent or legal guardian signature on the release form. A completed registration form, waiver, and entry fees must be received no later than the published entry date of Friday July 20th, 2018.
2. Captain’s Meeting. A fee for non-members will be $70 per tournament.. All payments must be made through our club’s Pay Pals account via your registration completion in order to fish the event. All entry fees are NON-TRANSFERABLE and NON-REFUNDABLE. Attendance at the Captain’s Meeting is required for all contestants. Should the need arise for an angler to miss the Captains Meeting; they should call the Tournament Director prior to the meeting to request a hardship exemption from the meeting. Should the Tournament Director approve the anglers request for a hardship exemption to miss the meeting, it will be the angler’s responsibility to find a representative to stand in for the meeting. It is the angler’s responsibility to get all the information pertaining to the meeting from their stand in representative. The angler will be required to meet the Tournament Director at the Tournament Director’s hotel or other designated location one half hour before safe light on the day of the tournament to pick up their uniform measuring device and token. The uniform measuring device and token may not be given to a stand in representative at the Captain’s Meeting. Uniform measuring devices and tokens will be distributed at the Captain’s Meeting. Exact fishing times will be announced at the Captain’s Meeting by the Tournament Director on Saturday. The Captain’s Meeting will be the morning of the tournament, Sunday July 29th, 2018 at 4:45 am. The Meeting will be located at Dundee Creek Marina, 7400 Graces Quarters Rd, Middle River, MD 21220
3. SAFETY. Safe boating will be observed at all times. During competition each contestant is required to comply with US Coast Guard regulations. In addition, participants must wear a PFD at all times while competing in the event and be in possession of a sounding device. Tournament days may be shortened or canceled due to unsafe weather or water conditions. The decision to shorten or to cancel will be left totally to the discretion of the Tournament Director. A 4-hour period shall constitute a day of fishing.
4. CHECK IN. Check in will be announced at the captains meeting. All competitors must check
in their cameras, token and measuring devices by the check in time to be announced at the Captain’s Meeting to be eligible for fishing prizes.
5. SPORTSMANSHIP. Competitors in the SRFC Black Bass Tournament are expected to follow high standards of sportsmanship, courtesy, safety and conservation. Any infraction of these fundamental sporting principles may be deemed cause for disqualification. Maximum courtesy must be practiced at all times, especially with regard to boating and angling in the vicinity of non-competitors who may be on tournament waters. Any act of a competitor, which reflects unfavorably upon the SRFC’s effort to promote fisheries conservation, clean waters, or abuse, conviction of a felony or other crimes involving moral turpitude or other conduct reflecting unfavorably upon the SRFC efforts to promote safety, sportsmanship and compliance with tournament rules shall be grounds for rejecting any application for participation and for disqualification. Any act deemed by the Tournament Director that gives an angler an unfair advantage not specifically covered under this set of rules shall be grounds for disqualification. Any violation by an angler deemed intentional or preconceived by the Tournament Director to gain an unfair advantage, would be grounds for permanent disqualification.
6. ALCOHOL AND DRUGS. The consuming or transporting of any alcoholic beverages or drugs (other than prescription or OTC drugs) during official tournament hours, on any tournament angler’s boat is prohibited, and angler or anglers will be disqualified from this and possibly all future tournaments.
7. PERMITTED FISHING METHODS. All fish must be caught, photographed, and released alive in a conventional sporting manner. A cast must be fully retrieved before an angler may pick up another rod. A foul hooked fish will not be scored. A foul hooked fish is defined as a fish that does not have at least one hook in its mouth, and it must be released. Anglers may not catch fish or weigh in fish that have been caged or confined in an area prior to the tournament. All fish must be caught from either a kayak (self-propelled water craft), or boat. During the hours of competition, contestants may not obtain or receive assistance, including but not limited to the following: a non-competitor’s boat, the placing of markers by a non-competitor, being towed by or riding on motorized vessels, or receiving electronic, voice or data communication from a non-competitor.
8. TACKLE AND EQUIPMENT. Only artificial lures may be used during competition. Commercially sold pork trailers or scents may be added and used. Only ONE casting, spin casting, spinning rod and reel or fly rod may be used at any one time per angler. Trolling as a method of fishing is prohibited. Be prepared to show your current fishing license, at registration, from the state in which the tournament is being held.
9. PERMITTED FISHING LOCATIONS. All fishing locations must be in waters accessible to the public at all times according to state and federal regulations. Boundaries will be set at the captains meeting.
10. SCORING. The event uses catch-photo-release scoring determined by the length of each fish. Each angler will use a “Hawg Troph” measuring device and unique scoring marker/token given at the Captain’s Meeting. Each fish should be measured on the issued measuring device and photographed with the marker/token indicator provided to the angler, clearly showing the length of the fish with the scoring marker. More than one photo of a fish may be taken. Length is determined from the forward-most point of the fish to the pinched top of the tail with the fish’s mouth closed. Fish must be above the state minimums to count - fish may be above the slot limit. The maximum fish size is 36”. In the event of a tie the angler with the most reported fish will be declared the winner. If both angler have the same size top 3 fish and have the exact same amount in total aggregate, the winner will be determined by the total length of all recorded catches. The Tournament Director will review the photos to verify reported results and determine place winners. The Tournament Director is responsible for the final call in all matters. All scoring will be done using cellphones and the IAngler Tournament App. You must register an watch the instructional videos prior to competition. Submit every legally sized fish you catch, the top 3 biggest fish will be automatically used as your entry.
11. DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY. Participants may only use digital cameras from there smart phones or tablets for recording scoring fish (cameras may not be shared by competitors). Images may not be digitally altered or enhanced in any way. Anglers should shoot images at maximum resolution possible. Upon photograph of each entered fish, each photograph must be sent immediately to the provided iAngler Tournament App. GPS must be revealed. A constant barrage of mass entries may occur on tournament day in the event many fish are caught by anglers. This provides constant updates of tournament standings. We will verify catches within 30-60 seconds so you can release the fish as soon as possible. Entrants must bring their smartphones to check-in. The tournament scorekeeper will need to cross reference all scored photos.
12. POLYGRAPH. Each contestant who fishes an SRFC fishing event agrees to potentially submit to a polygraph examination at a time and location determined by the Tournament Director following the end of the competition in each tournament and abides by its conclusion. Failure to pass the polygraph will result in disqualification.
13. RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE. A waiver, release of liability, and covenant not to sue are part of the entry form. It is required that all contestants take responsibility for themselves while participating in event activities.
14. PHOTO RELEASE. Scoring photos remain the sole ownership of the Susquehanna River Fishing Club. Contestants grant the SRFC and the sponsors the unconditional right to use their name, voice, photographic likeness and biographical information in connection with SRFC tournaments, production, promotion, and/or articles and press releases, and shall not be entitled to receive any royalties or other compensation in connection with such use.
15. RULE CHANGES. Rules interpretation is exclusively left to the Tournament Director.
The decisions of the Tournament Director are final in all matters and are not subject to appeal.
16. CONTINGENCY PRIZES. Sponsors may at their discretion award contingency prizes for anglers winning or placing using their products.
Disclaimer Click to Read
The Susquehanna River Fishing Club (SRFC) Waiver is posted on this site for download and printing. Please bring this document with you to your first event and we will keep on file for you for upcoming events.