2018 RYF October Slam
Need Help? Contact Us
2018 RYF October Slam – Kayak Bass Fishing Tournament
The 2018 Reel Yak Fishing (RYF) October Slam on Lake Wallenpaupack offers 100% cash payouts less $5 paypal fees per angler from entry fees plus sponsor donated items as prizes. Our main sponsor and host for this event is Light House Harbor Marina on Lake Wallenpaupack. With your help our goal is to become the largest annual kayak fishing tournament in the state of Pennsylvania.
Welcome to iAngler Tournament - Adding Your Photo to the Leaderboard
1 year 2 weeks ago
Events & Schedule
Mandatory Captains Meeting
10/19/2018 06:00 PM
Lines in the water at first light (first light announced in captains meeting)
10/20/2018 06:00 AM
Lines out of the water
10/20/2018 03:00 PM
10/20/2018 04:00 PM
Rules and RegulationsClick to Read
2018 RYF October Slam – Kayak Bass Fishing Tournament
October 20, 2018
Event Headquarters: Light House Harbor Marina Lake Wallenpaupack PA
Kayak Anglers from all over the country will have the opportunity to test their skills on the Lake Wallenpaupack for a chance to win cash and prizes.
The online entry fee for adults is $75 and is good from now until October 19th, 2018 EST. Entry can be paid onsite at the captain’s meeting on the evening of October 19th, 2018. Food will be provided courtesy of Light House Harbor Marina on 10/20/18 prior to awards.
In this 1-day event, anglers will be trying to catch their 3 largest bass in a catch, photograph and release format. The angler with the largest total inches will win the 2018 RYF October Slam – Kayak Bass Fishing Tournament. There will be many prizes from sponsors given out as well as awards for top
finishers and biggest bass.
Fishing Waters include all of Lake Wallenpaupack, Pre-Fishing is allowed before the tournament.
Friday, October 19,2018 is Registration is at Silver birches waterfront https://silverbirchesresortpa.com and The Dock Restaurant we will have some food and drinks available.
- Registration will be held at Silver Birches Dock Rest 205 Route 507 Hawley, PA 18428
- On-site registration of $80 can be paid in cash or credit
- Tournament registration will be 5:30-6 pm EST on October 19, 2018; all anglers must check-in and sign a waiver during this time period
- 6 PM EST is a mandatory captain’s meeting to go over the rules and format. Official token will be passed out after the mandatory Captains Meeting.
- Participants are allowed to begin fishing at first light which will be determined at the captains meeting.
- Participants must be in line to have their token on the check-in board by 4PM EST
- The check-in will start at 3:15pm EST and continue until all on-time participants have
checked-in. Food will be provided during this time.
- 4:15pm EST we will begin the awards process to complete the tournament
- Registration: All participants must completely fill out the official
registration form available at iAnglerTournament.com or at the tournament location.
Registration will also be taken onsite between 5:30 and 6pm on October 19th: $80 cash
must be paid to a tournament official when registration form is turned in.
- Format: Anglers will be participating in a one day event using CPR format. Anglers
will turn in pictures of their best 3 black bass (largemouth, smallmouth, spotted).
Anglers must be using an approved Hawg Trough measuring device.
- Vessel: Anglers must be fishing from a non-motorized vessel. Any Brand of Kayak,
Canoe, or Stand up Paddleboard/Stand up Pedalboard (SUP) is permitted in this event.
Only one person per vessel.
- Launch and Access: Anglers are allowed to launch from one of four launches on Lake Wallenpaupack.
- Launch #1 Public Launch ramp at Mangan Cove
- #2 Silver birches Ramp
- #3 Lighthouse Harbor Ramp
- #4 Ledgedale Ramp
Anglers may only fish from their watercraft (kayak, canoe, SUP). Anglers may not get out of their watercraft to fish. Any angler caught fishing while outside of their watercraft during tournament hours will be disqualified. Any backwater lakes that are not accessible by paddle or pedal power directly from
Lake Wallenpaupack via water are off limits. Anglers must be able to paddle or pedal their watercraft over water that is directly connected with Lake Wallenpaupack to access any backwaters. Portaging watercraft by foot from Lake Wallenpaupack in to a different body of water is not allowed. Any area marked off-limits is to be honored. Any angler caught launching or fishing in any off-limits area will be disqualified. Anglers are responsible for paying their launch fee at whichever launch they use. Anglers must have a valid Pennsylvania fishing license.
- All fish must be taken with a fishing rod, line and hook on the day of the tournament. No other methods are permitted
- Artificial lures and flies only
- Fish must be hooked in the mouth. Purposefully foul hooked fish are ineligible
- No live bait
- Only 1 rod may be used at a time
- Trolling IS permitted
- Any angler caught violating these rules will be disqualified
- The use of umbrella rigs, scents, Gulp, and pork trailers is permitted
- Largemouth, smallmouth and spotted bass measuring at least 12 inches will count
- Fish must be alive during photograph and released alive
- Token: Anglers will be given a token for the day of the tournament. This token is very important to the angler as it must be in the picture of your fish for the fish to count. This token is also how you check-in on time at the end of each day. An angler is responsible for this token from the moment it is assigned to them until they check in for the day. Replacement tokens will be available if original token is lost. You must immediately contact the tournament director to find out how you can pick up a new token.
- Photo: All fish must be photographed on an approved Hawg Trough measuring device. You are allowed to use a camera phone or digital camera for the picture.
- Fish must be lying flat, belly towards the angler, facing to the left with mouth completely closed against the vertical wall of the Hawg Trough. Mouth must be closed in a natural resting position centered against the vertical portion of the Hawg Trough. Open mouth will result in penalty. The fish must appear in a natural state. The tail will be measured as it lies
- Only the anglers’ hand can hold the fish down on the board. Use of bands, straps, grips, stringers, hooks, lures, etc. will result in a disqualification of that fish
- Angler’s hand must not cover the fish’s eye or go underneath the gill plate. If the angler’s hand covers the fish’s eye or the angler’s hand is underneath the gill plate the fish will be disqualified
- Photo must be taken on the angler’s watercraft with the token clearly visible in every
picture for it to count
- Anglers are responsible for having pictures clear and visible for the judge’s view. The judge and tournament director have official say on a fish’s length
- Anglers will have the convenience of using the iAnglerTournament App to turn in
fish from their smartphone immediately after they catch it and up until 3:00pm. If an
angler does not utilize this app, they must be prepared with an SD card and/or cord to
plug the phone or camera in to a computer for submission. Expect to unlock cell
phones that are used and to relinquish cell phones or cameras requiring cords for
download until judging is completed. Pictures of submitted fish should not be deleted
off of the device until the tournament has concluded.
- Judging: The judge will round down to the closest 0.25” from where the tail lies.
Judges have full discretion on open mouth and where the tail lies. If there is a questionable photo, judges can ask tournament director to make final ruling. After the conclusion of tournament hours once 3 fish have been submitted and judged, an anglers’ day total is final.
- Ties: Any ties in total inches will be broken by single longest fish. In the case that single longest fish are tied then the second single longest fish will be used and so on. In the case that all three fish are identical length, then the earliest check-in time of the day will break the tie.
- Safety: All anglers are to follow the laws specifically stated by U.S. Coast Guard and the local Department of Fish and Wildlife. Each angler must have a valid fishing license for the days they will be on the water. All participants must wear their life vest (PFD) through the duration of the competition.
- Ethics: Anglers are to use sportsmanship on and off the water. Be respectful of other participants that are launching or fishing in similar areas to you. Anglers are expected to follow all the rules. Each angler can be subjected to a lie detector test to validate honest participation. Anyone caught cheating could receive punishment by law and receive lifetime bans from other kayak fishing events and tournaments.
- Open Mouth on fish; 0.5” deduction penalty
- Unnatural manipulation of the fish aside from pinching the tail; 0.5” deduction penalty
- Any device, other than the hand, holding a fish to the trough; fish will be disqualified
- Token and/or watercraft missing in photo; fish will be disqualified
- Angler does not turn in their token by 4pm CST their catch that day will be 0
- Anglers violating the catch rules
- Any fish on a stringer or restrained to Hawg Trough by any other means other than the competitor's hand. This includes: bands, straps, grips, stringers, hooks, lures, etc.
- Angler’s fishing off-limits areas
- Formal complaints: Any participant wishing to file a formal complaint against a competitor must do so in writing previous to the conclusion of check-in each day. This complaint must be turned in, in writing, specifically explaining the violation and by whom; it must be signed and turned into the Tournament Director with a $100 deposit.
Payout and Prizes:
- There will be one cash prize awarded for every ten entries. Due to the generous nature of our sponsors there will most likely be more prizes awarded.
- Prizes won or received at the event are final. There is no official trading or switching of items won
Disclaimer Click to Read
RELEASE AND WAIVER
Reel Yak Fishing (the “Foundation”) plans to host a Pro-Am Tournament on or about October 20, 2018 in or around Lake Wallenpaupack waterways and certain other activities and events related thereto (collectively, the “Event”). As a material inducement and a condition precedent to the Foundation agreeing to allow the undersigned to participate in whole or in part in the Event, and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, the undersigned hereby agrees and consents to the following terms, conditions and provisions.
The undersigned acknowledges, agrees and fully understands that there are inherent dangers in connection with the activities associated with or that may (voluntarily or involuntarily) take place during the Event including, without limitation, boating, fishing, swimming, water sports, water rescue, navigation around or through water hazards, and other activities and conditions associated with or that may occur (whether planned or unplanned) during or in connection with the Event (collectively, the “Activities”) and that the risks associated with these Activities may be greater if poor weather, lightning or other hazardous conditions due to rough waters, presence of marine life forms and insects, other boat and large vessel traffic or debris in the waterways are experienced during or in connection with the Event.
I acknowledge and understand that the Activities and the use of any equipment made available during the Event have inherent dangers and the use thereof and the participation in the Event and any Activities associated therewith requires physical exertion and I realize that there is a high level of risk of physical injury which may be incurred when while engaging in these Activities. I hereby certify that I am in good physical condition and have adequate health insurance to cover any injury that I may sustain during or as a result of participating in the Event or any associated Activities.
I agree to follow any and all instructions, recommendations and cautions of the Foundation or its agents at times during the Event, including, without limitation, instructions for the operation of fishing equipment, boats, and personal flotation devices.
I, on behalf of me and my spouse, next of kin, personal representatives, heirs and beneficiaries, hereby agree to forever hold harmless, waive and fully release the Foundation and its Affiliates (as defined below) as well as the Foundation’s and the Affiliates’ respective sponsors, endorsers, officers, directors, shareholders, members, managers, officers, affiliates, employees, contractors, agents, attorneys, and staff (each a “Released Party” and, collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability, losses, damages or claims whatsoever pertaining to my participation in the Event or any related Activities including, without limitation, bodily injury or death and whether or not caused by the negligence or other acts or omissions on the part of any of the Released Parties. As used in this Agreement, “Affiliate” means Reel Yak Fishing, Ryan Matylewicz and any person or entity who controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the Foundation. I hereby consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed necessary in the event of any illness, accident or injury or medical emergency resulting from or in connection with my participation in the Event or any related Activities and I understand that I am solely responsible for all costs related to such medical treatment and/or medical transportation.
I waive my insurers’ right to make a claim against any of the Released Parties based on payments by insurers to me or on my behalf for any reason. This means my insurers have no rights of subrogation against any of the Released Parties. Furthermore, I hereby voluntarily agree and covenant not to sue any Released Party and voluntarily waive the rights to pursue any lawsuits or other legal redress against the Released Parties.
I hereby agree, jointly and severally, to pay and reimburse the Released Parties for all costs, damages and expenses that the Released Parties’ suffer as a result of my failure to abide by the terms of this document including, without limitation, all attorneys’ fees and other costs and expenses incurred by Released Parties in defending any action brought by or on behalf of any of the undersigned or in connection with the Released Parties’ enforcement of this Release and Waiver. This document is governed by the laws of the State of Pennsylvania without giving effect to its conflicts of law provisions.
IN SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT, THE UNDERSIGNED HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT THAT HE OR SHE HAS READ THIS DOCUMENT IN ITS ENTIRETY, UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS AND HEREBY FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY SIGN THIS DOCUMENT AT THEIR OWN FREE WILL AND ACT. THE UNDERSIGNED FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THEY ARE GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE THE FOUNDATION, ITS AFFILIATES AND OTHER PERSONS OR ENTITIES.
I represent that I am over the age of eighteen (18) years and have read and understand the contents of this agreement.