SRFC - 2018 Shad Showdown III
Robert MurphyStriped Bass
Need Help? Contact Us
This is a members only event. We will be targeting shad for scientific research for DNR.
You will need : your ID, valid Maryland tidal fishing license, fishing gear, parking fee $2 car topper, $10 trailer, member marker, and smart phone. A "Hawg Trough" is NOT required for this event. Captains meeting will begin with a quick check in and breakfast. Feel free to bring juice and coffee. Weather you choose to fish by boat, canoe , tube, kayak, or land we will gather data on our catches and submit to DNR. Most of us will be in our boats and kayaks.
We encourage members to invite friends who are not members. Non-members will be allowed in the event by member invite only. Goodie bags and fun giveaways for all as usual via sponsorship involvement. If you would like to purchase a membership to gain access to ALL events go to www.susquehannafishingclub.com please visit the website to register for this event.
This event warrants 100 SRFC points for attending towards the Annual Grande Prize. This event is free to all members
"Logging Your Catch" Instructional Video
1 year 6 months ago
Welcome to iAngler Tournament - Adding Your Photo to the Leaderboard
1 year 6 months ago
Events & Schedule
Lines in the Water
04/21/2018 06:00 AM
Check In / Tournament Ends
04/21/2018 03:30 PM
Rules and RegulationsClick to Read
Rules and Regulations
1. PARTICIPATION AND ELIGIBILITY. Participation is open to anyone 18 years of age or older.
Minors are eligible to participate with a parent or legal guardian signature on the release form.
A completed entry form, waiver, and entry fee must be received no later than the published entry date of Saturday, April 21st 2018
2. CAPTAIN’S MEETING. You must register for this event on iAngler Tournament Systems. There will be no fee for registered members and their guests. A link can be found on our website. All membership payments must be made through our club’s website, in order to fish the event.. Attendance at the Captain’s Meeting is required for all participants. Should the need arise for an angler to miss the Captains Meeting; they should call the Event Director prior to the meeting to request a hardship exemption from the meeting. Should the Tournament Director approve the anglers request for a hardship exemption to miss the meeting, it will be the angler’s responsibility to find a representative to stand in for the meeting. It is the angler’s responsibility to get all the information pertaining to the meeting from their stand in representative. The angler will be required to meet the Event Director at the Event Director’s hotel or other designated location one half hour before safe light on the day of the tournament to pick up their uniform measuring device and token. The uniform measuring device and token may not be given to a stand in representative at the Captain’s Meeting. Uniform measuring devices and tokens will be distributed at the Captain’s Meeting. Exact fishing times will be announced at the Captain’s Meeting by the Event Director on Saturday. The Captain’s Meeting will be the morning of the tournament, Saturday, April 21st 2018 at 4:45 am. The Meeting will be located at Lapidum Boat launch on Lapidum Road in Havre de Grace, Maryland 21078
3. SAFETY. Safe boating will be observed at all times. During the event each contestant is required to comply with US Coast Guard regulations. In addition, participants must wear a PFD at all times while competing in the event and be in possession of a sounding device. Tournament days may be shortened or canceled due to unsafe weather or water conditions. The decision to shorten or to cancel will be left totally to the discretion of the Event Director. A 4-hour period shall constitute a day of fishing.
4. CHECK IN. Check in will be at 3:30 pm. All participants may leave at any time. Participants do not need to check in.
5. SPORTSMANSHIP. Participants in the SRFC Shad Showdown are expected to follow high standards of sportsmanship, courtesy, safety and conservation. Any infraction of these fundamental sporting principles may be deemed cause for disqualification. Maximum courtesy must be practiced at all times, especially with regard to boating and angling in the vicinity of non-participants who may be on event waters. Any act of a participant, which reflects unfavorably upon the SRFC’s effort to promote fisheries conservation, clean waters, or abuse, conviction of a felony or other crimes involving moral turpitude or other conduct reflecting unfavorably upon the SRFC efforts to promote safety, sportsmanship and compliance with event rules shall be grounds for rejecting any application for participation and for disqualification. Any act deemed by the Event Director that gives an angler an unfair advantage not specifically covered under this set of rules shall be grounds for disqualification. Any violation by an angler deemed intentional or preconceived by the Event Director to gain an unfair advantage, would be grounds for permanent disqualification.
6. ALCOHOL AND DRUGS. The consuming or transporting of any alcoholic beverages or drugs (other than prescription or OTC drugs) during official event hours, on any tournament angler’s boat is prohibited, and angler or anglers will be disqualified from this and possibly all future events and tournaments.
7. PERMITTED FISHING METHODS. All fish must be caught, photographed, and released alive in a conventional sporting manner. A cast must be fully retrieved before an angler may pick up another rod. A foul hooked fish will not be scored. A foul hooked fish is defined as a fish that does not have at least one hook in its mouth, and it must be released. Anglers may not catch fish or weigh in fish that have been caged or confined in an area prior to the event. All fish must be caught from, kayak (self-propelled water craft), boat, or wade fishing.
8. TACKLE AND EQUIPMENT. Only artificial lures may be used during competition. Commercially sold pork trailers or scents may be added and used. Only ONE casting, spin casting, spinning rod and reel or fly rod may be used at any one time per angler. Be prepared to show your current fishing license, at registration, from the state in which the tournament is being held.
9. PERMITTED FISHING LOCATIONS. All fishing locations must be in waters accessible to the public at all times according to state and federal regulations. Boundaries will be set at the captains meeting.
10. SCORING. This event is for scientific research. No prizes will be awarded for any fish caught in this event. Members of SRFC will receive 100 SRFC Points for attending. The Event Director will review the photos to verify reported results that will be sent to Maryland Volunteer Angler Survey.
11. DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY. Participants may only use digital cameras from there smart phones or tablets for recording scoring fish (cameras may not be shared by competitors). Images may not be digitally altered or enhanced in any way. Anglers should shoot images at maximum resolution possible. Upon photograph of each entered fish, each photograph must be immediately uploaded to iAngler Tournament Systems. This provides constant updates of event standings.
12. RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE. A waiver, release of liability, and covenant not to sue are part of the entry form. It is required that all contestants take responsibility for themselves while participating in event activities.
13. PHOTO RELEASE. Scoring photos remain the sole ownership of the Susquehanna River Fishing Club. Participants grant the SRFC and the sponsors the unconditional right to use their name, voice, photographic likeness and biographical information in connection with SRFC tournaments, events, production, promotion, and/or articles and press releases, and shall not be entitled to receive any royalties or other compensation in connection with such use.
14. RULE CHANGES. Rules interpretation is exclusively left to the Event Director.
The decisions of the Event Director are final in all matters and are not subject to appeal.
Disclaimer Click to Read
The Susquehanna River Fishing Club (SRFC) Waiver is posted on this site for download and printing. Please bring this document with you to your first event and we will keep on file for you for upcoming events.