2019 River Center’s Junior Angler Tournament
Christopher GrudinskyBlue Tilapia
Ella KempfMayan Cichlid
Cameron BurlageMangrove Snapper
Sebastian BurlageLane snapper
Reid RobertsonMayan Cichlid
Rylee RubensteinMayan Cichlid
Kinley McGovernSergeant Major
maxwell mcgovernLarge Mouth Bass
Elijah HamricLarge Mouth Bass
Ashton EllisonMayan Cichlid
Liam RudlingLane snapper
Connor SmithBermuda Chub
Julian BritoMangrove Snapper
Austin LykinsLarge Mouth Bass
Drew FranklinLarge Mouth Bass
Braxton JonesMangrove Snapper
Tanner KlineMayan Cichlid
Colton MurdoccoMayan Cichlid
Connor FranklinChannel Cat Fish
Keri SantaiteMangrove Snapper
Sean MeyersMayan Cichlid
Ashton HowesLarge Mouth Bass
Sara Duggan, (561) 743-7123
Need Help? Contact Us
2019 River Center’s Junior Angler Tournament
The Loxahatchee River District’s River Center, in partnership with Fishing Headquarters, is delighted to announce the 6th Annual Jr. Angler Fishing Tournament. The contest is run over the course of several weeks instead of just a single day of competition so that you can enjoy more fishing! In addition, the contest awards points not only for the number of fish caught, but also for the number of different species represented in the submissions. The more fish you catch and the more species you catch, the better your chances are to win! These innovative guidelines encourage contestants to spend time throughout the summer exploring the diversity of habitats and fish species in the Loxahatchee River Watershed and throughout our Palm Beach and Martin Counties. The tournament is open to anyone between the ages of 5 and 17, but registration is required before submitted photographs can be awarded points.
$25 USDIndividual Angler
Register as Individual
"Logging Your Catch" Instructional Video
4 months 2 weeks ago
Welcome to iAngler Tournament - Adding Your Photo to the Leaderboard
4 months 2 weeks ago
Events & Schedule
Captain’s Meeting - Pick up lanyards
06/29/2019 11:30 AM
06/30/2019 06:00 AM
All submissions must be entered by midnight on Saturday, August 3rd
08/03/2019 12:00 AM
Fish Fry and awards ceremony is Friday, August 9th at 6:00 p.m.
08/09/2019 06:00 PM
Rules and RegulationsClick to Read
2019 Jr. Angler Tournament – Registration, Rules, and Releases
Tournament Format and Registration:
• All participants must register online at https://ianglertournament.com. Visit the River Center if you need to complete your registration in person.
• Participants are required to create an iAngler Tournament account on https://ianglertournament.com or download the iAngler Tournament app to your smartphone.
• It’s easy to participate! Between June 30 and August 3, 2019 when you catch a fish, be sure to snap a selfie that includes the junior angler, the 2019 River Center lanyard, and the fish. Then use our online form on https://ianglertournament.com/ to submit the details of your catch and the associated photo (photographic evidence is mandatory for a fish to count in the tournament). If you want to participate and don’t have access to the Internet, please contact the River Center for assistance. You MUST be registered before submitted entries will be counted.
• The tournament is open to anglers between the ages of 5 and 17.
• Anglers are scored on the diversity and quantity of their catches. The more fish you catch and the more species you catch, the better your chances are to win.
• Species will be verified by a panel of fishing experts.
• Registration is open until August 1st.
• $25/per child to participate – includes a t-shirt, gift bag, and two tickets to the “Tournament Fish Fry & Awards Ceremony” at the River Center, Friday, August 9th at 6:00 p.m.
Rules and Regulations:
• Registered anglers are scored by submitting photographs and information about their catch. Photos must include the angler with their catch and a 2018 River Center lanyard to be counted toward their total score. Lanyards may be picked up at the River Center at 805 North US Highway One, Jupiter 33477 at the Captain’s Meeting on Saturday, June 29th at 11:30 a.m.
• Please contact the River Center if you would like to receive lanyards by mail.
• We encourage anglers to maintain a “Fish Log” (sample attached) and the photos to help us work through any scoring discrepancies.
• Points will be awarded per the diversity and quantity of catches. Anglers will receive one (1) point for each individual fish, and two (2) points for each species captured during the tournament. (We will manually add “bonus” points for each species weekly.)
Example: An angler submitting photographs of two (2) Mangrove Snap
Disclaimer Click to Read
River Center Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement
By signing the entry form, all participants acknowledge that they have read, understand, and will abide by all tournament rules and regulations. As legal parent/legal guardian of the named minor, I hereby consent to his/her participation in the River Center’s Jr. Angler Tournament and claim responsibility for this minor. Even though many safety precautions exist, there is always potential to be injured, bitten, or scratched when exploring nature and working with wild animals. Fishing activities occur on or near the water, and the risk for serious injury and drowning exists. It is important that you understand and accept these risks before registering your child for the River Center’s Jr. Angler Tournament. I accept all risks inherent to the programs at the River Center, including the additional risks that exist when working with or around wild animals, exploring the outdoors, and traveling to offsite locations and do hereby release the River Center, Friends of the Loxahatchee River, the Loxahatchee River Environmental Control District, as well as their directors, officers, agents, employees, and members from all liability for injury during the program activities. It is further understood that the River Center is not responsible for the loss of personal property. I understand that my child is expected to maintain appropriate behavior. If my child is having difficulty in this area, I understand that I will be notified and may be asked to remove my child from the program without a refund of payment. I also understand that I may be asked to provide a copy of my child’s birth certificate as verification of their age. I have read the risk factors listed above and this waiver, and fully understand its contents. I am aware that this is a release of liability and I have signed it of my own free will.
River Center Photograph Release Form
By signing the photographic release below, you are agreeing to allow photographs of yourself, and minors accompanying you, to be used by the Friends of the Loxahatchee River (Friends), the Loxahatchee River District (LRD), and the River Center. If your picture has been taken in reference to a particular program, your name will be used in connection with the photograph(s) and may be associated with your name/your company’s name/your organization’s name.
I GIVE MY PERMISSION, without restriction, for consideration received, for the above mentioned agencies (Friends, LRD, River Center) to take, reproduce and publish, in all media including electronic formats known or unknown, photographs of me, or to have this done on its behalf. I understand that these photographs may be used, in whole or in part, in informational, educational or commercial publications of any kind (including without limitation, electronic publishing), by the Friends of the Loxahatchee River and its agents.
I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
1. I will not have any right to inspect the finished work or product or to approve its use.
2. Ownership of the originals and all copies belongs to Friends and its agents. This includes all rights to use, not use, or dispose of the photographs, in any manner whatsoever.
3. The agreements in this Release are legally binding and cannot be changed by me or someone who has been given my rights.